37

"Yes

"Yes."

"No."

"Yes."

"No."

"Why are you arguing?"

"Because you are not agreeing," Vrishali placed her hands on her hips looking up at Padmanabh.

"We can't play hide and seek."

"Why can't we? I'm bored, you are free and we got this big of a house to hide."

"We are not kids," Padmanabh tried to reason.

"So? Noone will be knowing. Let's play..." Vrishali pulled on Padmanabh's sleeve.

"Fine."

"Who is going to hide and who is going to seek?" Padmanabh asked.

"I'm younger than you so I will go hide and you seek."

"Huh? I'm older than you I will go hide and you seek," Padmanabh said pulling Vrishali back by her t-shirt.

"No, you seek and I hide."

"You wanted to play so you seek," Padmanabh said.

"Nah." Vrishali started doing tickles. Padmanabh is ticklish so he removed his hold and started laughing.

Vrishali took the chance and ran away to hide.

"You can't hide on another floor. Only this floor will be considered," Padmanabh yelled as Vrishali ran and stopped looking at him.

"Okay! Now you close your eyes and count till 100."

Padmanabh turned around and started counting numbers. He waited for five minutes.

Vrishali looked around before opening the empty cupboard door in their closet. She is wearing pyjama boxers which is helping her.

She settled down and closed the door. The cupboard is spacious for her to sit comfortably.

"Ready? I'm coming," Padmanabh said. He started with the projector room. He searched everywhere he couldn't find her. He went another and another before entering their room.

He checked under the bed, in the bathroom, behind the curtains. He walked into the closet and checked.

Vrishali covered her mouth with her hands as the closet doors opened and Padmanabh walked in.

Padmanabh opened the cupboard doors but didn't find her. He pushed the clothes away but didn't find her. He was about to step out when he bends down opening the lower cupboard.

Vrishali closed her eyes hiding her face with her hands hoping Padmanabh opened the other door.

Padmanabh saw Vrishali's toes and rolled his lips inside his mouth controlling his smile. He left it and stood up.