7.9

J.HS

He stared at the man in front of him. Or at least he thought it was a man. It was hard to tell with the bag that was pulled over the person’s head.

“Come again? You want me to do what exactly?”

“He’s a criminal, Hoseok.”

Oh, so it was a he.

“He’s dangerous and all we’re asking you to do is reduce the anger he’s currently feeling.”

“I don’t work for you.”

“No, you don’t work for us. But you’re training with us and this is part of your training. Now, do it.”

The bag was pulled away, giving Hoseok a chance to see the man for the first time. He didn’t seem to be a lot older than he was and in no way did the person in front of him seem angry. No, as Hoseok looked into the man’s eyes he wasn’t met with anger but with fear. Terror.

“Today, Hoseok.”

He sighed, knew he wouldn’t escape this even if he wanted to. So slowly he let the emotions rush through him, let the man’s emotions rule out his own. 

First he felt the fear, the intense and overwhelming fear. It flowed through his veins and made shivers run down his spine. But as he took control, as he breathed in the calmness, he felt the fear go away and saw the peacefulness in the man’s eyes.

“That will be it for today, Hoseok. You did well.”, a man told him as he pushed Hoseok towards the door.

“What are you gonna do with him?”

“We’ll be seeing you tomorrow again.”

“But what will you do to him?”, he asked again as they had gotten outside the room where the man was held.

“Your training is over, please go back to your room.” the man answered and pushed the door shut behind him.

“But-”

“Stay out of other’s businesses and you might get to keep that pretty little nose of yours.”

This time Hoseok knew better than to answer, and began walking to his room.