8.7

K.NJ

Of course, he felt guilty about having sneaked his way into their minds, playing with their trust, their future, but he was a mind reader after all. You simply couldn't trust mind readers.

He didn't even bother knocking when walking into the control room, where he'd been oh so many times before. As expected, the tall man - whom he held so much respect for - stood with his back facing him.

"What brings you here? Let me guess, you're here to collect your prize."

"I kept my promise. You have them all wrapped around your little finger as you wished. Now, you'll have to keep yours."

"Indeed. You did, indeed."

He turned around facing the mind reader with a grateful smile.

"You're free. You're free to leave."

With a bow and a small smile gracing his lips, Namjoon turned around to walk out.

The man watched carefully as the other opened the door and without hesitation grabbed a hold on his gun, pointed it at the man, and pulled the trigger.

"I'm kind of disappointed in you. Of how you didn't see that one coming. I thought you were supposed to know everything."

The man watched the red liquid as it formed around the lifeless body and with a satisfied smirk took a step over the dead, being careful not to step in any of the blood.

"Just like you wished, free."