Chapter 8: Dropzone

Chapter 8: Dropzone

Santa Prisca: July 22nd, 20:08 ECT:

3rd POV:

"We're approaching Santa Prisca." Miss Martian informs the team.

________________________

Flashback

"Isla Santa Prisca." Batman displays a map of the said island on the screen. "This island nation is the primary source of a dangerous and illegal neurological steroid, a strength-enhancing drug sold under the street name Venom. The infrared heat signatures indicate that their factory is operating at full capacity, but all the shipments of the venom have inexplicably cut off. That's where the team comes in. This is a covert recon mission only. Observe and report. If the Justice League needs to intervene, it will. If the situation gets out of hand, Kitsu will teleport everyone out of there."

Kitsu had been pulled aside sometime earlier to discuss a contingency plan if the mission were to go sideways. Another reason as to why Batman was so adamant for the young ninja to join. She was the perfect fallback plan to bail out the team if need be.

"So who's in charge?" Robin asks, getting Batman and Red Tornado to look at each other in silent conversation.

"Work that out between you." Robin nods with a smile.

__________________________

"Drop zone A in 30," announces Miss Martian.

Aqualad stands from his chair. He hits his emblem and his suit turns into a darker version of itself. More suited for stealth. "Ready."

"Putting Bioship in camouflage mode," M'gann says as the island comes into sight. When they were close enough, an opening on the floor expands and Aqualad drops into the water. "Drop zone B." Lines fall out of the ceiling where Robin and KF don't hesitate to attach to.

Once attached, KF presses his emblem, his suit shifts to darker colors. "How cool is this?" turning toward the martian.

"Very impressive," she replies, she morphs her suit to also take on darker colors.

"Uh, that works too."

Kitsu was doing her own thing, as usual. She was double-checking her gear; can never be too careful. She had decided to reattach her mother's katana to her back. Over the time she has been here, she has had no real use for it. But now that she was doing missions once again, she decided to add it to her arsenal again. Secretly, she missed doing missions.

During the month after the battle, she lost many of her friends that she would usually be doing missions. So in a way, doing missions again is both nostalgic and agonizing. She could no longer go on missions with her fellow comrades and friends. But now, on this new team, she's going to make damn well sure that she does everything to protect them.

"Hey, supey, not too late to put on the new stealth tech," KF adds.

"No capes. No tights. No offense." Superboy crosses his arms.

"It totally works for you. In that you can totally do good work in those clothes," M'gann tries to save herself. She puts up her hood to hide her face.

"Okay... What about you?" Robin looks at Kitsu. She gives him a glance that suggests 'really?'. It was a stupid question as she is already in dark colors. Though the stealth tech that Batman had offered was state of the art tech, she was far more comfortable and familiar with her own. But of course, he couldn't see her look. Though, he had a feeling.

Before they dropped, Kitsu mutters under her breath, "Kaze to daichi ni nari nasai." Catching a few of her teammates' attention, who quickly refocused on their task.