Chapter 31: Misplaced

Mount Justice, Happy Harbor; 19:47:

3rd POV:

In the Hangar, the team plus some of the Leaguers were unloading some boxes out of the Bioship. Conner was shouldering two boxes over his shoulder while M'ghann levitated another two.

"Did you get everything?" Batman asked ash he overlooked their work.

"Everything on your list, Batman," M'ghann answered. "Plus groceries."

Wally sped to the box that the Martian had set down with a goofy grin on his face. "Cookie fixings?" He drooled the box hungrily.

"Snickerdoodle," she replied, amused by his antics.

"Babe, you're out of this world," Wally flirted.

Ignoring the teenage hormones, Batman shifted his gaze to the girl in the black hoodie as she carried a wood crate in her hand from the entrance of the Bishop. "Did you find them?" He questioned her.

Akira nodded as she lifted the crate in indication. "Most of it, the rest I will have to find when I go on patrol in Japan again as they are native to the region."

Robin strode right up to her and lifted the cart out of her hand. "Here, let me help," he smiled through his shades. Everyone else was busy in some way as they helped the unload the supplies into the cave, so no one was really paying attention to them. Except for one.

She let out a small smile. "Thanks, but I think we got it," she pointed her thumb over her shoulder sheepishly as more doppelgängers came out of the ship with similar carts in their hands.

Robin deflated defeatedly as the copies passed them and carefully lined the carts in an organized fashion. "Wouldn't it have been easier to seals these in a scroll?" He asked dejectedly as he eyed the contents of the cart; defeated that his plan to seem gentleman like had backfired on him.

The ravenette cocked a brow in questioning. "Would you like to be sealed in a scroll?" She questioned sarcastically before taking out a one of its content.

She held up the small plant in a glass beaker for him to see. "Staff tree: good for snake bites and paralysis. An ingredient to my rapid-healing ointment that I can never seem to supply enough due to the amount of careless-unnecessary injuries that both the team and the League always seem to have," she stated in a flippant manner as she placed the beaker back in to the cart.

"Plants need to breathe, putting them into a scroll might hurt or kill them. I can't keep scavenging for them and we can't keep purging the resources for them or we'll throw off the balance of nature," she explained as she waved her hands to the numerous medicinal plants that were placed in the carts. "Would you like to be stuffed in an oblivion?"

"No," Robin mused as he walked the cart to the others and set it down. "What are we going to do with all these weeds?"

Akira rolled her eyes in equal amusement. "While we don't want to keep taking from nature's resource, it doesn't mean we can't have our own. So we're going to start our own medicinal garden."

Robin put a hand on his shin as he stood beside her. "That way we can have our own supply without worrying about running low on certain ingredients for you to make your concoctions, aster," he gave his signature grin. "But isn't it getting a bit cold for a garden to start growing now? Winter is right around the corner."

Akira took out a handkerchief out of her backpacker and began to clean her hands. "The Watchtower has a greenhouse sector within it. We can even regulate the plants in different environments for them to flourish without trouble."