sorry.

"That's the worst joke, ever

"That's the worst joke, ever." Jungkook gritted his teeth in anger of my words that he believed to be false, I grabbed his wrist as I got up.

"This ringing in my ear, I've felt it for years, it always felt so familiar and I never knew why. And then the blast today, it returned a certain personal memory, one that explained the familiarity of the ringing. The bomb blast at that music shop, I was there," I began to confess what I remembered.

"That blast wasn't meant for your mum, it was meant for me and... she saved me."

-memory- 3rd person pov

Byeol walked through the streets of Busan mindlessly. She was still under their control, she wasn't aware of any of her actions whatsoever. For a moment, her in-ear monitor that connected her to those controlling even her breathing pattern, disconnected. So she stood still in front of a music shop, not knowing what to do. A soul trapped in a doll.

tic tic tic.

She knew what the sounds were, mind wide awake but her body unable to make decisions on it's own, they'd shut down her ability to do so.

"Do you like instruments too?" A delicate voice spoke beside her, checking out the pianos. It was Jungkook's mum. Byeol was unable to give a reply, but somehow, gosh god knows how, she managed to nod. Her surprise was conveyed by the slightest raise of her eyebrows. It was the first time in months someone had asked her about what she wanted, what she liked. It triggered unusual behaviour.

The woman soon heard the same sounds Byeol was hearing. She immediately ran as far as she could, expecting Byeol to follow but she couldn't. Despite the danger of not knowing when on earth that bomb was going to blow, she ran back to grab Byeol, pulling her to safety a split second before everything went... Boom.

"WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?" His mother scolded Byeol as if she were her own child. She saw Jungkook in Byeol, and saved her like she would him.

"That's just it isn't it, you weren't thinking anything at all," Jungkook's mother tutted moments before pulling Byeol into her embrace.