fulfil.

The surgery had began with me at the edge of my seat, I constantly fiddled with the ring I'd found in his pocket

The surgery had began with me at the edge of my seat, I constantly fiddled with the ring I'd found in his pocket. He'd be alright, right? I mean the doctors told me beforehand that like I presumed, the bullet hadn't struck a place where it'd cause serious damage.

Internal organs weren't touched luckily, and it was just a matter of safely pulling out the bullet. "Byeol," his brothers entered the hospital, breathing out as they saw me. "He'll be fine, I've asked my agents to track down the shooter," I assured them, giving all of them a little pat on the back. Right as I was about to hug Taehyung, he walked past me, like I didn't even exist. Weird.

"The patient will wake up in a few hours, there's nothing to worry about," the doctor who'd just walked out the ER informed us. We thanked him and plopped down. "The president wants a word with us tomorrow," Namjoon told me, making me sigh. I wonder what they'll do to me.

I sat beside Jungkook, watching him soundly sleep, I hoped he'd regain consciousness soon.

next day

"You're wearing the ring," a tired voice uttered making me flutter my eyes open. I'd fallen asleep beside his bed without realising. "Of course," I smiled but his expression remained still. "Is something wrong?" I asked, helping him sit up as he wished. "I just... I don't know if we should, marry? You know, maybe I was out of line with the thought of it," he stated making my eyebrows raise slightly in surprise.

"Oh."

"Right, it was way out of line," I silently took off the ring under the bed. "When I become good enough, when I become worthy of you, then I'll pop the question," he smiled.

"What? You changed your mind because you thought that you weren't good enough?" I questioned in disbelief, "well

"What? You changed your mind because you thought that you weren't good enough?" I questioned in disbelief, "well... Yeah, I mean I look back and I'm the root of every problem we ever had between each other. If I fix up then we'll never have to worry about arguments during marriage, I need to be perfect," he responded.

"No you don't, Jungkook I've never wanted you to be perfect, I can't ask you to be something I'm not, I just wanted real. I wanted safe. And your Euphoria ways were far from safe, they were psychotic, that's the only thing I wished to change about you," I tried to knock some sense into him.