[29]

What does that even mean? Missing?

How does a dead body just disappear from a morgue? It's not like it has the ability to just get up and walk away. But who on earth would take it?

"Are you fucking useless? You couldn't even save her which is one thing, but now you're trying to tell me you lost her body?" I raised my eyebrows, feeling fired up. The doctor went to go lock the door before ruffling his hair slightly.

 The doctor went to go lock the door before ruffling his hair slightly

"I guess it's time for a real explanation."

Dr Byun (Baekhyun) POV - flashback

Kim Byeol? My patient? I guess a lot has changed since I left the CIS, she was untouchable, we'd get surprised if she had even a paper cut but now I was getting as many paper towels as I could to prevent her from bleeding out to death. How had our strongest agent gotten herself into a state like this?

As I prepared for the operation, someone's weak hand gripped onto my blazer. "Even if I survive, t-tell those boys outside, that I didn't," she used up all of her energy to plead me, passing out just moments after. While operating none of us thought she had a chance of surviving, she already had a previous gunshot wound and the new one was right near it. Probably one of the most risky operations I've ever worked on. Taking out the bullet was dangerous, lucky for her it has just barely missed her heart, but for us that meant a slight inconvenience during the operation would kill her.

Lucky for her, I was skilled. The CIS chooses which agent to push in a certain category, so the organisation would have people that excelled in everything. For me that was medicine. After certain, things, happened in the CIS I made the decision to leave, I blew up any sort of contract that tied me to them and threatened to spill their darkness to the government.

After pulling out the bullet with precision, we were trying to stitch everything back together, but suddenly her blood pressure started dropping.

"She's going into cardiac arrest!" I screamed, applying compression to try get her heartbeat back.