1.7

CHAPTER SEVEN SISTERS HEELS AND NO CREATIVE VISION

***

       "YOU DID WHAT?"

       "I didn't do anything!" Maisie said rolling her eyes, "I was Imprinted on."

        Maisie had expected Penny to have a big reaction when she finally told her about her situation with Paul. but it was still better for her to tell it then let Edward open his big mouth. She knew he had already told the rest of his family the second they came home, but Penny and Ariel were hers.

       Her sister was standing up against the wall with her hands crossed over her chest, her expression flitted from anger, confusion, and surprisingly relief. However in the end Maisie had no idea how exactly her sister was feeling.

       Ariel was much clearer in their emotions, they smiled at Maisie and grabbed onto Penny's hand in order to give it an affectionate squeeze. "How is this possible? It would go against the wolf's entire biology to feel anything but rage before you."

        "Carlisle calls it fate." Maisie said, and Penny's face screwed up at the explanation and she understood, Maisie herself didn't like it, "He says nothing, not even ancient spirit protectors could come between fated soul mates."

     "Soulmates?"

     Maisie knew that her sister's apprehension towards the prospect of her older sister having a soulmate, or any man in her life, was because of what had happened to them in their human life.

     As young girls in California, the Alvarez girls did not have many admirable men in their lives. They had not been treated well, and Penny was apprehensive towards most men that came into their lives.

     Carlisle, Edward, Emmett, and Jasper had taken years. And despite the fact that Penny could now defend herself stronger than ever before, they all understood and respected her discomfort.

     "How are you feeling?"

      Penny watched her sister closely looking for any signs of distress in her older sister. Maisie had no doubt that if she saw any that she would go and slaughter Paul herself. Luckily Maisie didn't seem nearly as tense as the other vampire thought, though that was easily explained by the mate bond she would no doubt be feeling for the young wolf.

     "I'm still a little - processing I guess?" she shrugged, "I don't know the wolf, Paul, at all. The Imprint can be anything I need it to be, a lover, a brother, or a friend. He wants to start by trying to be friends."

     Penny snorted and a slight sly smile that the others in the room had grown very accustomed to over the years made its way onto her face, "Friends with a wolf...I don't see that going bad at all." a beat of silence passed between them before her expression softened, as though she had discovered something remarkable about the situation, "I'm - I'm happy for you I guess - You deserve happiness too. Just like the rest of us."