1.9

CHAPTER NINE DON'T LEAVE MY SIDE!

***

       WHEN MAISIE AGREED TO HELP WITH THE WEDDING SHE HADN'T EXPECTED TO GET LOOPED INTO THE BRIDESMAID GROUP.

       Rosalie and Alice would probably have done better without her there considering Bella couldn't even look Maisie in the eyes for more than a few seconds at a time. She really had no idea what she had done to make the bride so afraid, but she chose not to care that much as she tapped a glittery eyeshadow into the corner of the humans eyes.

       "There," Maisie said quietly putting the make-up brush down on the vanity Alice had set up for them, "Alice will finish up the rest of the make-up and you're almost ready to go."

      "You know that I love him right?" Bella asked quietly, "I really love Edward you know? I'm not just marrying him so he'll change me."

      "I know Swan, you've both made it very clear." Maisie smirked, "Your love is very out there."

       Bella brushed a strand of hair behind her ear, "Good, I didn't want you to think that I was just using him or the Cullen's-"

       "Why do you care about what I think?" Maisie asked.

       "Edward cares about you, in a weird way - you're his friend, you're sister and Ariel are his friends. And - And I overheard Penelope talking about how I was just settling for him. That I took his ultimatum just so he'll turn me into a vampire, but I love him. I want to marry him because I love him more than I have ever loved anything in my entire life. He's my entire world and I know that might not make sense to you but it does to me-"

       Maisie stopped her by raising a hand, "My sister is a pessimistic ass sometimes, and if I know her like I think I do then she wanted you to overhear that just to scare you." Bella looked sheepish, "But if she really didn't trust your love for Edward - well you probably wouldn't even be here anymore, and trust me I care about him too and you now," the meek human seemed to ease a little when Maisie took her hands in her cold ones, the cold of her dead hands seeping into the warmth of her human ones, "And Bella it does make sense to me."

       Bella smiled at her gratefully, and before the conversation continued Esme peaked her head inside with a small smile on her pretty face. The Cullen mother was almost as excited as Alice was for her son to get married.

       "Maisie there's a visitor here to see you." she beckoned for the vampire to follow her out of the room, which she did gladly passing by Alice and Rosalie on her way out.

       Waiting in the other room was Paul, dressed nicely in a tux and tie. He looked very awkward in the Cullen household especially with Penny staring him down from the corner of the room. She stood next to her partner with her arms crossed over her chest, wearing a pretty yellow dress. Ariel wore a matching yellow suit, with their hair separated into two tight braids.