Caught

Chapter 6
──────⊱⁜⊰──────

"What the fuck?"

Dabi was woken up by a pungent smell of something being burnt and a noise that sounded like a scream. He made his way into the kitchen, still tired, dragging his feet and rubbing his eyes.

He was met with the sight of you blowing and fanning on something in a pan.

"The hell are you doing?", he asks making his presence noticed.

"Oh, morning. I didn't hear you come out. Did I wake you?"

"Yes", he says while stretching. He made his way over to the stove where you stood. "The fuck is that", he says looking into the pan.

"I was tired of buying food every day and now that I don't have a job, I should start saving money. So I tried making breakfast. You don't have a lot of stuff in your fridge by the way."

"Is that supposed to be bacon?" He picked up a piece from the pan despite how hot it was. It practically cracked up and broke as soon as he picked it up because of how burnt it was.

"Yeah... I kinda forgot about it and it managed to catch on fire at least twice. Don't worry though. I put them out before anything else was damaged.

Dabi rolled his eyes and picked up the badly burnt pan and tossed it into the garbage. "Stay out of the kitchen, yeah?"

"Whatever." You let your eyes wander to the living room. "We should fix that up and get a couch. It looks bad."

"You do you."

"You live here too. You should come with and help me choose. I don't wanna get something you think doesn't look good."

"You talk a lot. I'm going back to sleep."

"Bipolar bastard", you say thinking out loud.

"Mmhm", he mumbles before going back into his room and shutting the door as always.

Oh, he heard that...

"So will you come?!"

"No!"

»»---------------------►

You walk out of the bathroom in your towel and are about to head back to your room to change. You see Dabi sitting on the kitchen counter with a laptop on his lap, your laptop.

"What are you doing?"

As he hears your voice, he turns to look at you, then looks back at your laptop.

He began mockingly reading what you had typed. "He kissed her passionately, leaving her breathless with each kiss. He gently holds her-"

You run over to him snatching your laptop out of his possession.

"Don't go through my stuff, asshole!"

You were a mix of angry and embarrassed.

"Not my fault you left it lying around. At least lock your laptop next time", he answered.