E-Mail

Chapter 25
──────⊱⁜⊰──────

The next day, you met up with your friends. As strange as it was you decided to go meet them at the same cafe you got fired from the day before.

"He just fired you? Just like that?"

"You'd know if you actually showed up yesterday, Ikumi", says Tokiko.

"We all saw it", Chizu adds.

"If we're being honest, his ass would've fired you a long time ago if he didn't have a thing for you", you say.

"Why do you think that?"

"You're never on time and sometimes you don't even bother to show up. You fight with customers and you're clumsy as fuck. Should I continue?"

"Damn, no. You can stop there. I can talk to him, see if I can get you your job back."

"No need. I hated the guy anyway. I'll find something else."

"I wasn't gonna ask", says Chizu, "But why are you wearing that mask?"

"I let my roommate pierce my nose and now I think it's infected. See?", you say pulling down the mask.

"That shit ugly", Ikumi says.

"Don't touch it", you say moving back as Tokiko reaches out. "It hurts."

"You need to get that fixed."

"Yeah, I'm gonna go after this."

»»---------------------►

"I see you got that nose of yours fixed."

"Shut up. It's your fault it was like that in the first place. It still hurts. I went looking for jobs today."

"What'd you find?"

"Absolutely nothing. The only place hiring was a strip club and I'm not doing that."

"You should. I wouldn't mind."

"Of course you wouldn't. I just don't know what to do."

"So that's a no on the stripper thing?"

"A definite no."

"Damn... I hope you remember I won't be here for a while after tonight."

"Yeah, I know. How long is a while exactly?"

"A week or two maybe. Or three. More or less. I'm not sure."

"I could use some time away from you. You're still not gonna tell me what you're doing?"

"No. It's not important."

"So it's illegal."

"Everything I do is illegal."

"Don't get yourself killed."

"Please. I can't be killed."

»»---------------------►