Murderer

Chapter 12
──────⊱⁜⊰──────

"Of all the times this could've happened, why now?", you mutter.

Dabi continued to walk towards you, now looking as stoic as ever. You, still defenseless on the cold, wet ground. Was he going to kill you? You didn't know and didn't want to find out. You picked up one of your broken heels in case he tried anything, not that it would help. He can literally turn you to ash so you knew there was no winning this.

After getting close enough, he stoops down in front of you. You tried stabbing him in the shoulder with your broken heel but he grabs your wrist before you can. You weren't anywhere near as fast as him, so that was expected. You didn't want to cause him much damage. You only wanted to wound him enough so you could get away. If this weren't a life or death situation, you probably would've been embarrassed.

He abruptly grabs your face with one hand. It was forceful but not enough to hurt you. He looks you dead in the eye.

"You really don't know when to mind your business do you?"

You look straight back at him. "So what? You're gonna kill me now?"

His grip on your jaw tightened. "Do you want me to?"

You stayed silent and turned your face away not knowing what to make of the situation. He most likely wouldn't listen to anything you said. He was a murderer after all. You bit the inside of your cheek.

"You won't answer? That's fine."

"Dabi, we've gotta go", the petite girl calls out.

He looks back at her before turning back to you. "Later, doll", he says lightly patting your face before running off, leaving you on the alleyway ground with a dead body mere feet away from you.

He let you go. Why? You had no idea. You thought you were a goner.

It would be best for me to get out of here now.

You put your weight on your uninjured leg and stood up. You look back at the body and remembered past conversations with Dabi.

"What are you, stupid? I can reduce you to nothing but ashes in a second."

He was right. But you couldn't help but wonder why he didn't.

"Most people would've probably run away by now. Are you not scared?"

"Oh, trust me. I am."

"Good. You should be."

You snapped out of your thoughts and hurried home.

»»---------------------►

Your clothes and hair were soaked, your ankle was throbbing, and your brain was foggy. It all made sense but you still didn't want to believe it. The going out late, coming home all beaten up, being secretive about certain topics. It all makes sense yet you couldn't comprehend it. Dabi did say before he'd have no problem killing you. He had the chance, so why didn't he?

You contemplated calling the cops but you remembered they don't deal with these kinds of incidents. The cops specialize in cases committed by civilians. Dabi used his quirk meaning he'll have to be handled by the heroes.