Death

Chapter 26
──────⊱⁜⊰──────

Of course, you didn't agree with the harming of innocent kids. You continued to listen to the reporter speaking on television.

"The League of Villains is a wide-ranged group of criminals that targets not only heroes, but innocent civilians as well. Thankfully, none of the students were seriously hurt during this tragedy. The altercation left four of our heroes in critical condition, but they are expected to have a complete recovery."

"As for the villains, three have been killed, five apprehended, and the rest fled before they could be captured."

You picked up your phone and called his number. Three times, all to no avail. You didn't want to believe Dabi could be involved, but it was highly likely. As much as you didn't support what you just heard happened, you hoped he was okay.

»»---------------------►

When you woke up the next morning, your friends were gone. They had work so it was expected.

You check your phone. No new messages. You were getting worried. Best case scenario, Dabi had broken or misplaced his phone. Worst case scenario, something had happened to him. You only hoped it was the former rather than the latter. He did say he couldn't be killed so you wanted to take his word for it.

Your doorbell rang. You walk to the door thinking it was him, but instead you were greeted by two police officers and Hawks. Your smile faded.

"Y/n right?"

Hawks acted as if he had no idea who you were.

"That's me. What's this about?"

"Did you happen to be roommates with Dabi?"

"Um, yes? Why are you asking?"

"I'm sure you've heard about the attack on U.A. last night."

"I did."

"Can you give us a moment?", Hawks asks the officers. They nod and walk away.

"What's this about?", you ask. "And why'd you send them away.

"I couldn't let them find out we know each other."

"Why are you guys here. Did the heroes capture Dabi?"

"No."

"Then what is it? Did he run away?"

"Y/n, he died."

"Sorry what? I thought you said he died for a second there."

"I did."

"You're lying. He can't be dead."

"He is. I saw the body."

You stare in disbelief.

"Who killed him?", you ask trying to remain calm. "It was you wasn't it?"

"No. He died because of his quirk."

"What does that even mean?"