Starting Lineup

Ring!

The sound of a lunch bell was going off as the students in Kazehaya High School all groaned happily and looked forward to at least half an hour worth of break.

Students were leaving their seats as well as Y/n and Patrick who stood up from their seat and head on out to the cafeteria, through the flooded boys and girls and near their destination.

"Ah, dammit!" Mahomes says as Y/n looks back to see a frustrated boy. "What's wrong?"

"Forgot my wallet at the class! I'll be back!" He says as runs back to his class as Y/n was left all alone.

At first, he just might wanna wait for his best friend but...

"Damn... I gotta go..." he caresses his stomach as he heads into a bathroom where he would find a urinal that'll relieve his stress in his body.

...

After a bit of business, Y/n could be seen washing his hands in the sink of a dirty bathroom.

Graffiti, stains, for some reason shit marks was seen from a few years back as Y/n winces at the sudden sight and heads out with a paper towel that wiped most of the water from his hands.

He throws the towel that was crumpled into a ball and to a trash can that lands with ease. He takes in a deep breath of more fresher air, his body was slowly feeling stiff from the lack of working out or sports.

"Yo, Y/n!" He hears his friend coming back from the bathroom as he salutes to him with two fingers. "What's up, Mahomes?"

"The coach had just put up the lineup in the hallway!"

His eyes widens immediately, how could he have not know about it? He had a small smile on his face, excited to see if the list had his name on the paper. "No way... Let's check it out then!" He commands to Patrick as he nods and lead Y/n to where the rumors had spread about the roster was being held.

It doesn't take long before they see Kyler heading out from his classroom. "Hey, Kyler!"

That grabs his attention as he turns to see his two best friends. "Hey, Y/n! 'Sup, Patrick? Whatcha up to?"

"We're gonna check out the roster the coach posted on the board!" Mahomes replied, Murray's jaw nearly falls to the ground.

"What?! It's today?!"

"Yeah! You wanna check it out with us?"

"Wanna? I NEED to see it!" He exclaims to the two as they nod and lead Murray to where Patrick saw or heard about the whereabouts of the list.

It doesn't take long as Patrick, Kyler, and Y/n makes the last turn of the hallway and saw a large crowd of boys and some girls gazing at a wall.

Y/n and Kyler assumed there were also other clubs holding tryout a few days or weeks back but it doesn't stop them from checking the rosters as the three head to the crowded area.

Thanks to Murray's and Y/n's size, they managed to squeeze through the spaces of the people and found themselves in the front where they immediately scrolled through the list of names on the baseball roster.

"Yes! I'm starting on the team!" Y/n was the first to find his name, followed by "Bro, I got shortstop! Awesome!"

Y/n turns to Kyler who had a wide smile on his face and does a bro fist with him. "Eh? I'm a mid reliever?!"

They turn around to see Patrick trying to get through the last two people who were in his way. "I wanted to be starting pitcher this year! Dammit!" He empathize the last word with frustration as Y/n gaze back at the roster and to the relievers.