Same Route Home

The bell has finally rung for the day to end.

Everyone has packed their things in their designated bags while stretching from their seat and talked with their friends and classmates.

Thursday was the riding excitement out of all of the days of the week, Friday was next as school wouldn't be a problem after for the next two days.

Unless of course the teachers decide to pull a not-so-gamer move and assign everyone homework for the weekend.

Back to today, Y/n and Mahomes were packing their stuff up like the rest of the students in the class. Y/n was the first with his bag around his back as he sat on his table, waiting for his best friend to finish.

When Patrick does, he lets out a sigh, a day of stressful learning was behind as Y/n hops back down and walked with his tall friend inside the hallway.

Even though Y/n was only five inches shorter than him, he still thinks he's pretty tall. But it didn't matter that he wanted to be as tall as him, learning that shorter people are usually naturally fast.

He's proud of it and will always rub it in his friend's face whenever he gets the chance.

"Hey, Y/n! Mahomes!"

Someone calls from behind them, they both turn to see the third best friend of the circle.

His name is Kyler Murray. One of the few dark skinned students of the school with a curly mohawk fade. "Yo, Kyler!" Mahomes calls followed by Y/n who waved to him.

He catches up to them as the two timed it before they walk off, Murray walks along them. "Where we off to now?" He asks among them as they both just simply shrug. "I dunno... We were planning on playing video games when we get home..." Mahomes said as Y/n follows on.

"Where were you thinking of going?"

"We could go to the mall? Pick up a few remaining baseball gear that you guys might be missing?"

Then Patrick slaps his head. "Thank you, Kyler! I needed to get some tape and a new helmet! That's what I was missing today!" He exclaims.

"What happened to your other helmet?"

"My brother broke it for his PikPok."

"Why would he use your helmet?"

"I don't know..."

Then they made it to the parking lot as Kyler immediately raised his hand. "I call shotgun!"

"God dammit, Murray!" Y/n shouts as Mahomes laughs, Kyler already has a head start while Patrick goes on ahead into the driver's seat.

Y/n however stopped for a minute to tie his shoes, Mahome's blared his horn at him. "Yo! You riding with us or what?" He shouts as he flips him off. "Give me a minute, dude!"

Mahomes and Kyler laughed once more but Patrick looked over Y/n's shoulder, he smirks a bit as he beeps the horn again. "What do you want, man?!"

"On second thought, we have to go! See ya!" Patrick starts his truck up and then reverses out of his parking slot, leaving Y/n dazed.

"What? What do you mean?"

Vroom! Vroom!

Patrick revs his engine and drives off away from the lot, Y/n tries to grab his tailgate but misses. "Hey, Mahomes! What is your problem?!"

"Y/n-kun!~" someone calls him again, he turns around and figured out who was the person that was looking for him. "Oh! Hey, Sakura!"

Thud!