Too many snake puns. chapter. 10

A.N- I just need to apologize for the bad snake puns. I am truly ashamed. Not. OK ENJOY THE CHAPTER! Byeeeeee~

"Sir, two more have been spotted around Gotham."
The black haired agent paused for a moment, flipping through three files on his tablet. "And they are high on the list."

Lex looked up from his paperwork, raising his eyebrow. "You found more demigods? Who?" He took the tablet from his hands, going over the files, a smirk growing as he did.

It seems luck was on his side today.

The agent stood there awkwardly, waiting for further instructions from his boss, who was reading their files, ignoring his existence.
He felt very self conscious standing there quietly, twisting his wedding ring to try and ignore the voices in his head.

Of course, the nervousness didn't show on his face.Yes, he looked scary on the outside, intimidating with a stone cold expression that made him look like a stone cold bitch. But on the inside he was just a nervous reck who got this job cuz he needed the money and had the necessary backround. Honestly he just wanted to cuddle with his wife and watch RuPauls Drag Race...

Instead he's standing in this office waiting to get orders to kidnap actual children. Great.

You know his wife thinks he works security in Lexcorp? Never in a million year would he have thought he would be kidnapping kids.

But they needed the money-

"send a task force to get them" lex's voice cut his train of thought.

"Yes sir."

"Bring them In As soon as possible.you know how they tend to drop off the grid." Lex looked up at the giant black haired agent.

"Yes sir."

The agent left the office, heading to the briefing room, high-key disappointed he's missing bread-bowl soup night.

——

"Percy!" Dick called after her, but she didn't listen. She was heading out of the gates and calling camp, and no one is stopping her. Not even the remains of a bullet wound.

She walked fast, ignoring the pain and the urge to eat ambrosia until she Combusts into flames, and of course, continuing to ignore dick who was following her.

"Percy!" He grabbed her shoulder, bringing her to a halt.

She turned around, putting a dumb smile on her face, that was clearly forced. She wasn't convincing anyone, and at that moment all she wanted to do was call camp, but she couldn't risk attracting monsters to their manor. "What?"

Dick pulled his arm back, folding it on his chest. "Don't worry about the carpet. We got it covered." He looked down at her expectedly. "So you don't have to go buy fabric soap."

She paused for a moment. Oh yea...the fabric soap thing.

Percy huffed, bringing up her hand to rub the back of her neck. "It's just- it's an expensive carpet...?"

She was actually a bit worried about the bloody carpet, but she knew she could clean it easily. She had plenty experience with blood, and not just the kind you get from battle.

"Yea." She snapped her finger at him. "Expensive carpet."

"You sure about that?" He looked down at her, amusement clear on his face. Percy however, was not so amused. Her clearly fake smile disappeared, replaced by a deadpan expression.

"I'm going out.", with a monotone voice, she turned around again, expecting him to just go back inside, or just leave her alone. And surprisingly, it seemed like he did.