Sleeping beauty and her prince

"......." = talking
'......'  = telepathic
............ = timeskip

Ariana's pov

Today was a peaceful and pleasant day as well. I go out of the emerald palace without any guards nor maids. I first go to the library, pick some books and head toward the green house.

The green house was built as my 12th birthday gift. It was a little far away because I want it to be quiet and selude. As always, I enter the green house from the back door not the front door where the guards are. There is no particular reason but this just become my habit.

I take care of the green house by myself if I have free time. When I was taking out the finest lapliea flowers, athy enter with felix. I can clearly see felix's face redder than his red hair.

"Did you tease felix again?"

Ever since, the talk about the knight of crimson blood, athy has been teasing felix about it.

"You come to pick flowers to put in daddy's room, right? Here, I have already picked."

I said while giving athy the lapliea flowers in my hands.

"You aren't going to come, ari?"

"I'll go visit daddy later. It has been a while since I have been in the green house."

"Ok."

I was alone in the green house again. After caring the flowers for a long time, I decide to rest for a bit. I pick out a book I took from the library ealier and go to the center of the green house.

In the center, there is a cherry tree. There isn't any flowers since it hasn't grown enough yet. In my past life, when I look out the window, there was a cherry tree with pink petels. So I always want to see the cherry flowers up close.

But this tree was rare in this world and it took me a long time to find its seed. And not to mention it doesn't match with obelian warm weather. So I take extra care planting this tree.

"So, grow up well and show me your beautiful flowers."

I whisper to the tree. I sit on the bench near it leaning the tree and start reading the book. As the time pass, my eyelids become heavy. I'm a little tired. If I sleep here, lily will nag me. It's fine if it is a little, right? Let's just take a short nap. Like that, my eyes closed.

"Mmm..." I groned.

It's hot. There is too much sun. But a shadow showers and it became cool again.

How much time have already pass? I should get up soon. I try to open my heavy eyelids and saw a hand? In front of my face?

Wait! Why is there a hand in front of me? I turn my head to look at the owner of the hand and there I saw.

A handsome man with silver hair? The man was reading a book with the sun shining behind him and the pink flower petals falling above him. The picture was so perfect that I couldn't take my eyes off from the scene.

The man turn up his head from the book and look straight into my eyes with his golden eyes. Then he smiles and said,

"Have you awoken, princess?"

Even his voice is attractive. But doesn't his voice and face look fimiliar? Golden eyes? Silver hair? Huh?

"Ijekiel?"

"Yes, princess."

At his reply, I fully awake from my half sleep and come to my sense.

"What are you doing in my private green house?"

"Private? I thought it was public since no one stop me from going inside."

"What about the guards at the door?"

"You mean the one who are busy talking among themselves to even notice me arriving?"

I guess they slack off since they thought I wasn't here. (Come in from the back door.) But how could they have possibly miss this shiny thing?

"Are you perhaps lost?"

"I suppose I'm still poor finding my way around here since I spent too much time in arlanta."

Lies! I forgot he is the son of mister doggy. But since you are my favourit character, I'll pretend I don't know.

"But if there is no one to stop me expect from some maids and guards, isn't this too insecure for the royal family members?"

Huh?

"I feel like anyone could come in if they want. And you don't have any guards with you today. I heard that sir felix is the only personal knight for the both princesses.....blah....blah.....omit..."

??Is he nagging me now? But I still feel quite happy. Imgine a handsome man under the pink petal nagging....wait! Pink petal? From where?

When I turn my ryes off him and look above, I saw the cherry tree blooming with pink flowers.

"When did the flowers bloom? Did you do this, lord ijekiel?"

Before I fall asleep, there isn't even any buds.

"No, It's already like that when I come in."

Really? I have always want to see the cherry flowers up close. Now that I'm seeing, I feel like I'm dreaming.

"So beautiful! Don't you agree?"

I said excitely. Ijekiel replies but I didn't notice that he isn't looking at the tree.

"Yes, it is like princess's eyes."

"Really? But my eyes is half blue."

"No, it is full pink. It's really beautiful that I don't want to take my eyes off for even a moment."

At his words, I turn my gaze to him and our eyes met. He is saying confusing words again. My heart is starting to beat faster.

"Hey!"

lucas's voice interrupt us. But my head isn't in normal state so I couldn't proceed what is happening. When I come back to my sense, the two guys in front of me is already in bad turn.

"Enough! Are you two forgot that I'm still here?"

"Please ,pardon our behaviour."

"And lucas, why are you here?"

"I can sense your highness's mana here suddenly so I come to check."

"Is that the reason why the tree become like this? I'll hear the detill later, so you can go now."

Lucas disappears suddenly like how he appears. And I turn my attention back to ijekiel.

"Is he the warlord his majesty choose to be friend with the princesses instead of me?"

"Yes"

I think I can see his puppy ears dropping though he doesn't have one. Maybe my imagination.

"Ari, you haven't come out so I come to look for you."

Athy enters the green house. Seriously, is the green house some kind of main characters meeting place?

"Sir ijekiel? Why are you here?"

Athy asked while she saw ijekiel.

"He said he's lost his way around here"

Of course, athy didn't believe that.

"I think it would be best if I take my leave now."

Ijekiel comes closer me and hand me the book he has been reading.

"I'm sorry for browsing your book, princess. It was an interesting book. I'll be waiting for the honor of a invitation to the princess tea party as well."

He chuckles a little while saying that and leave. But I couldn't look away from the book in my hands.

'The princess first love' (romance novel)

That day, athy told off the guards a lot.