Farewell Letter

Third person's pov

These days, the atmosphere inside the Palace was dark and gloomy. There were unspoken words among the employees which must never leak out.

And inside a room of the Garnet Palace, there was a silence ringing, without anyone making a sound despite the six people being inside.

The Princess laying on the bed was as quiet as a dead person, if not for the faint breathing sound.

There weren't any tears left for Athanasia who has been crying days and nights. She didn't have the energy to even make a sobbing sound, let alone to cry. So, she just sat beside the bed, holding her twin sister's iced cold hand.

Behind her was Lucas, who has a tired expression due to the Emperor and the Princess these past days. It was annoying for him to see the people who were still alive, mourning over the dead who wouldn't be able to wake up. Still, he couldn't bring himself to turn back from the Princess who was like a friend to him.

The Emperor of the Obelian silently watched his daughter, who didn't even know when will she stopped breathing. His heart throbbed at that thoughts. He couldn't bear to lose another person that is dear to him. Am I not able to save her as well, Diana?

The Kight of the Crismon Blood has swollen eyes for constantly crying as well. He even tried to kill himself for not being able to protect his master. But he stopped midways hearing the magician boys words. 'Do you think she will be happy if you did that?'

And Lily York, who was holding the other hand of the Princess, rose from her seat when she finished crying. She unfolded an envelope which was handed from the Magician. Her every touch was soft and careful like she was handling a precious baby.

This was the last gift from their Precious Princess to all the people inside the room.

[To all the people I love,

The fact that you are reading or maybe listening to this letter must mean that you have already found out about my condition.

First of all, I'm sorry for doing this selfish choice. And I'm sorry for not telling you all this beforehand. Because if I did, I was sure that you all would oppose this.

Don't mourn over me too much. Of course, you should cry a little but I'll be really sad if you all can't go on your new day.

I am not good at expressing my feeling nor good at writing letters. But I've tried my best to convey my feeling in the most honest way I can.

I hope Lily would be the one to read this letter right now. Am I right, Lily?

'Yes, My Princess.'

Don't cry at my words. There are still things you have to tell the others. And also things you need to listen to from me.

Lily. My precious Lily. Thank you for always staying by my sides. Whether it be a sunny day or a rainy one.

Because of you, I was able to learn the feeling of having a loving mother.

Thank you for taking care of me until now.

Don't shed your precious tears for a selfish person like me who chose to leave. Please make sure you live a happy life from now on.

If you want, you can get married and have a family. Because you are still young and beautiful. Don't care about what the other said.

Do you have a person you had in mind while reading this? I hope it would be the same person I think as well.

It is a pity that I can't stay by your side to watch that sight. I want to see a daughter that resembles Lily with sky blue eyes like you. I think she will be as caring and pretty as you.