The Culprit

Ariana's pov

I open my eyes to see an unfamiliar ceiling. I get down from the bed and start to walk without my will. At the moment, I realize.

'I'm dreaming again.'

I wash my face and look myself in the mirror. But the me in the mirror doesn't have blonde hair nor jeweled eyes. Just a girl with normal black hair and eyes. But this isn't my face from my previous life.

'Who is this girl?'

In this dream, I cannot talk nor do as I please. My body moves on its own again and change my clothes. They are changed into the one that is called school uniform in my previous life, which I've only seen through phone screen.

"Sweetie, you are gonna late."

A sweet, gentle woman voice comes out from the outside.

_Gasp! I'm coming.

As always, the voice that isn't mine come out from me.

I quickly gets out of the room picking a bag. And I fill my stomach with fried egg and a glass of milk, that has been prepared on the table. I hurriedly run out of the house after putting on the shoes.

"You forgot your lunch box."

The same voice from before arises behind me along with a loud noise of the door opening. I turn my body to look back.

_Thank, mom-

And the dream would always end whenever I was about to see the woman's face.

I wake up and immediately try to move my body. I let out a sign of relief after realizing this isn't a dream.

I've been having these strange dreams nowadays. To be precise, ever since I arrived in Faunus. Though the whereabouts of the dream is always different, the ending would always be the same.

"Princess, we're here to prepare for the Banquet."

"Come in!"

With my permission, the maids that has been serving me for the past few days, come inside the room.

Today is finally the day of the Banquet and the last day I stay in Faunus.

..................

"The Second Princess of Obelian Empire, Ariana De Alger Obelia and her personal knight, Felix Robane are entering."

I enter the extravagant ball room holding Felix's hand. No one dare to approach me since Felix is putting on a stern face beside me.

It's boring but I can't blame Felix who is doing his job. So, I went to have a taste of Faunus's desserts in the mean time.

Surprisedly, the Second prince is the first that have the courage to approach me under these circumstances.

"May I have this dance?"

He extends his hand toward me asking with a hesitant voice. For some reasons, his long straight purple hair that is normally neat is a little messy and his fancy clothes are also noticably disheveled. His violet eyes looking at me with nervous . He wear an anxious expression which doesn't match with his face.

Seeing that, I was a little halting to reject his hand. So, I take his hand. Ot of pity. But I regret that a moment later.

".........."

The Second prince opens his lips and closes mutiple times like a gold fish through out the dance. He seems to be prepared to say something. But I pretend like I didn't see and just focus on the dance. Until the dance ends, he didn't say a word.