Outing with a prince

"......" = talking
......... = timeskip

Ariana's pov

I sneak out of the palace today again because I was bored. Then, I spot a familiar person and follow him using invisible magic. I thought since earlier I was getting this scent but it was the second faunus prince after all. But why is he going toward the black alley again without a guard? He is suspicious.

"What are you doing here?"

When I'm sure there is only two of us, I teleport beside him and ask. He quickly turn his head toward me and when he saw me, he screams with all his might.

"Ahh!"

Ouch! My ears are bleeding. When I'm rubbing my ear, the second prince suddenly run away so I follow him. Isn't this situation familiar?

"Why are you running away again?"

"Do you know me? Why are you following me?"

Didn't he recoginze me? Was it because I'm using magic?

"Second prince of faunus?"

When I said that, he stops running and looks back at me with a surprised face.

"How did you kn......"

"Don't you recognize me?"

I wear off the magic to change appearance and walk closer to him.

"Second obelian princess?"

"Yes, that's right."

When I nod at him, he puts off his hood and runs his fingers through his long hair. His green hair became a little messy. How did he change his hair? I don't feel any magic on him. When I was looking at him, he spoke to me.

"Princess, I know your feeling but you shouldn't blindly stalk after someone. What if I'm a dangerous person and I hurt you."

Why is he saying like I follow him because I like him? Is this perhaps his way of worrying for the other? But he didn't seem like someone who will hurt me. If not, why would he say these thing to me? While thinking to myself, something catches my eyes and I quickly catch it.

"You can see it?" The prince asked me with a surprised tone but my attention was focus on the brown cat in my hand.

"Human! How can you treat carelessly a spirit just because you are strong?"

The cat yells while trying to get out of my hand.

"Spirit?"

When I said that, the cat flinches and looks at the second prince as if he has said something he shouldn't. Spirit! I heard that there is no one in faunus imperial bloodline that can contract with a spirit anymore. So, is he the first in 200 years? My thoughts were interrupted by a sudden noise.

"Here I thought who is noisy earlier."
"Isn't they just kids?"
"But look at their clothes!"
"They will get a good price."
"Keke....."

They seem to be a bunch of slums. This is the black alley after all. But isn't this a chance to test my power? I haven't try using attack magic until now. I let of go the cat in my hand.

"Stay here for a moment!"

The second prince stands in front of me and said. But I am not a fragril princess who need protection from a prince. If there is a problem, I can handle myself.

"There is no need. I'm not weak."

I said while starting to attack the men with my magic. The second prince just looks at me blankly for a moment. When a man almost hit me from behind, a strong wind blow the man along with others.

"Thank!"

I said without looking at the second prince. Then he joins the fight and within a minute, all the men lay on the ground expect from the two of us.

"Clap! Clap!"

The sound of clapping comes out and when I look at the source, I saw a beautiful woman with purple hair and eyes. She quickly walks toward me and held my hand.

"Girl! Why don't you work with me?"

"Work?"

I stare at the beautiful woman in front of me without understanding the situation. But the voice of the second prince gets me to my sense.

"Aunt! When did you get here?"

"When you two start to fight."

I'm glad I change my appearance again a while ago so she didn't know I'm a princess. Anyways, they seem to be relative. But what is the aunt of the prince from faunus doing in obelian?

Noticing my suspicion, the second prince answers.

"This is my aunt. She is a wandering mercenary. She comes with me to obelian but she is going to stay here for a while so she didn't come to the palace with me."

"Whoa! Are you really my niece? What is with this gentleman talking way?"

The woman holds the second prince's cheek and look carefully. Then her attention turns back to me and asked.

"So, who is this girl? Your girlfriend?"

At the woman's words, the second prince face turns to a tomato.

"It isn't like that. We are just...."

When the second prince stops talking midway, the woman teases him.

"Just what? Hoho...."

"Aunt! Stop teasing me!"

"Hey, girl! My name is Iris. What about yours?"

At the sudden questions, no idea comes to my head.

".......it is..umm....lily?"

"Lily? It is a common name."

Phew! I inwardly relieve and at that same time guilty. Lily, I'm sorry but I'll use your name for a moment. I thought while avoiding the gaze of the second prince.

"Then, lily! We are going to look around the market. Will you come with us?"

"Aunt! When did I say I will go?"

"There is no ne...."

I was going to reject and quickly go back to the palace but the woman suddenly grabs my hand and pull me along her niece.

"It won't be long so let's go together."

I end up following them.