7

[Reader...] tw : description and imagery of guns. If easily triggered, proceed with caution.

It was now the next day and I was currently stocking the empty shelves until I heard the bell from the front door of the bodega ring. I went over to see my brother holding two bouquets of roses, and my favorite candies along with our favorite childhood movie. Rush hour, and La Mission. Along with two movies for Ceci, Pets one and two.

I raise my eyebrow and cross my arms looking at him with a smug smile.

"You goin on a date or some thin'?" I ask smugly, he just chuckles before speaking. Stumbling a bit on his words.

"I wanted to apologize to you, Ceci, and Cesar... I fucked up. I-I can't make any excuses, we were all raised the same. But you and Joker you're my siblings, I can't live without you guys. I need to protect you instead of being some lap dog for a woman who doesn't give a shit that she birthed us. I'm sorry nena. I'll do better, I promise." He says stepping closer. I give him a smile before hugging him.

"Things will be different now, I promise." He says before handing me one bouquet.

I chuckle before speaking softly.

"Raf?" I ask

"Wassup?" He asks turning around.

"Ah... do you think it's possible to have... two different dads?"

"You mean us?" He asks, I nod. He puts on a thinking face moving his bottom lip to the side a bit, lifting up his cheeks and scrunching his eyebrows.

"I-I mean, maybe? Why?" He asks

"Ah, nothing. I was watching Dr. Phil on the tv and there were these twins like us... they had two different dads." I lie to him, he chuckles before saying.

"You need'a stop watching those shows so much nena, they'll rot your brain." He says jokingly in his Chicano accent, I nod chuckling nervously before putting the flowers into a vase.

"Ay, Uh... while we're talking, Ivan needs you at his place... like now." He says looking at me nervously. I look at him annoyed before I tossed him the keys.

"I won't be back tonight, and mister Martinez won't be here til' later tonight."

"Where is he? And what about Cesar and Ceci?!" He asks loudly as I walk out.

"Cesar is sleeping over at a friends, and Ceci is with Esme tonight. And I don't know, I'm not his mom." I say sarcastically.

"And you?!"

"I'll find a place to sleep, you already know." I tell him, winking. Before heading out of the bodega towards the Ivan's place which was only a block down from mine.

As I'm heading towards it, I see Peter, Max, and Pete walking towards me.

"Y/n! Hey, where you going?" Peter asks

"Uh-? You guys... ditching?" I ask weirdly accidentally ignoring his question as I give them a smug smile. Max looks like she wanted to look everywhere but my eyes.

"School? Oh! Uh- yeah! I ditched, didn't want to go." Peter tries to say cooly putting his hands in his pockets. I look down and see his zipper was open.

"Oh, cool cat. Your fly is down." I tell him giggling a bit.

"Huh? What? Ah man!" He says turning around to pull it up. Max and Pete were laughing at him.

"What about Max and Pete? Don't you guys go to school?" I ask

"We can't... uh, go to school." He says awkwardly. It clicks, they're Sokovian. Of course!