9

[Readers...]

You woke up the next morning shivering, checking your phone which was only at ten percent, it was about three in the morning. The sun wasn't even out yet, you sighed as you sat up not aware of your surroundings as you grabbed your backpack to look through it. You didn't think to bring a jacket. Zipping your backpack up, You shivered once again feeling the goosebumps on your skin.

You contemplated whether or not you should check if the bodega was open. But decided against it as you looked around the park, there was homeless everywhere. You contemplate whether you should lay back down or just text Max or Peter. You decided to pull out your phone to see it was at five percent battery now, that's off the table. You huff as you feel your eyes getting heavy again as you shiver, you lay on your back as you allowed your eyes to slowly close once again.

Once the three adults and three teenagers figured you were asleep, they recruited Pietro to quickly throw one of their blankets on you. Wanda volunteered hers first. Pietro took it and ran over to you quickly placing it and making sure it was over your whole body from your shoulders down before taking off back to the group.

"Maybe we should go back to the compound and get some sleep ourselves, Wanda you have a big day today." Cap tells the group. Everyone except for Wanda nods as they stood up.

Wanda sat there staring at you with immense guilt flooding her veins.

"Wanda?" Nat said gently

"Come on, kid. Shield has their eyes on her everywhere, she'll be fine... safe." Tony says trying to reassure the teenager.

Wanda looks up towards him before sighing and sitting up.

The next few hours Wanda spent tossing and turning in her nice warm and comfortable bed only to look up towards the ceiling and could not help but feel guilty for having such a big bed only for you to only have a bench.

Once Wanda felt as if her sleep was 'enough' she quickly got ready and headed out to go see you. But was stopped at the door before she could even step foot off the compound.

"Where you going?" Tony asks from behind her, which only makes her jump until she turns and realizes it was only him.

"Going to see y/n... I'm not on a mission today I-I just want to make her laugh today... I know I need to keep my mind on the mission but I jus-" before she could finish her sentence, Tony stopped her.

"No, go ahead. You have any cash?"

"Your a billionaire asking a teenager who literally lives off of you for cash? Of course I don't have any cash, Stark." Wanda retorts her sarcastic remark.

"No, i wasn't asking for me. I was- here." He says pulling out his wallet and handing her a couple hundred dollar bills.

"Wha- Stark"

"I realized yesterday, you and your brother have also been through hell and back, so I'm going to give allowances, not for missions or anything like that, just for... you."

"Thank you Stark but this is way too much." Wanda says dumbfounded handing him back the hundred dollar bills but keeping the fifty. She felt a lot better with only the fifty in her hand.

"This is better."

"You can't do anything with fifty?" Stark says confused

"I know how to stretch my money out, but thank you anyway. I have to go meet y/n now but... thank you Stark. You really are not the same man selling those bombs as we thought you were." Wanda says before giving him a quick hug and quickly heading out of the door. Before she could leave his line of sight he calls out one more time.