chapter four

No authors note for this chapter. Wow.

––🕷––

Bucky's POV

9:45 PM. They should be showing up any minute now. And like expected, they did. Right on time like Fury said. Six men; three agents directly from HYDRA, three from Serpent.

Bucky waited a few minutes for a good opening to go in and get the briefcases. But the chance never came. Instead, he found himself sitting back watching Spider-Man take on all six guys.

He decided to wait a few minutes for Spider-Man to clear out before going in for the briefcases. Spider-Man had swung up to a nearby roof and was about to see him when he ducked into an abandoned building.

Luckily, Spider-Man didn't seem to see him and swung away. He quickly retrieved the briefcases, made his way into the shadows, and went towards the tower. Hopefully, Fury wouldn't blame him.

His mind was reeling with the new info. He'd thought that Spider-Man was just some wannabe-hero helping out a bit, but not really anything special. That the only thing that made him different was some fancy webbing stuff and pajamas.

But clearly, he was wrong.

This person had just taken down not only six guys by himself, but six highly trained professionals. He hardly got hurt too; only taking a few hits here and there.

When he got back, rather than simply giving the briefcases to Fury and going on his way, he had Fury call a meeting. Fury, Tony, Steve, Natasha, Clint, Sam, and Bruce were there. The others were either unavailable or not needed. To say they were confused was an understatement.

"What's this about, Barnes," Fury demanded exasperatedly.

"Long story short, I didn't stop the deal," Bucky said, getting straight to the point. The others looked confused, considering he had the briefcases, so he continued before they could start.

"I went there and was about to go in, but that Spider-Man guy swung in, took out all six guys, and left the briefcases webbed up. It couldn't have taken more than fifteen minutes either."

Everyone was silent as the news sunk in. A random, seemingly insignificant vigilante had taken out six HYDRA/Serpent agents in under fifteen minutes.

"Well, if that's true then he could very well be a threat. We can't have someone like that running around without having any information on him. Not to mention, we don't need some random guy messing with HYDRA. I need you to find him and bring him in."

Before anyone could object or ask questions, Fury walked out, giving the Avengers no choice but to do it.

Peter's POV

It was a struggle trying not to fall asleep in class. He'd only gotten a few hours of sleep last night since he had to get up and out of the apartment early. He didn't want to run into Mr. Wright.

It didn't help that he already knew what they were learning. That just added to the boredom he felt.

After what seemed like an eternity, the bell rang releasing them to lunch. He stopped by his locker to drop off his books since he wouldn't need them for any homework and headed to the cafeteria.

Ned was sitting at the same spot as normal–a table towards the back of the cafeteria that was nearly empty, except for MJ. They'd started to become better friends lately. Peter made his way over and plopped down across from Ned.

Flash came walking by not long after. "Hey, Penis Parker. You too broke to buy food? Figures." Flash laughed at his own taunts while walking away. Peter just rolled his eyes.