✧Chapter.2✧

Y/n groaned as she heard the sound of her alarm go off on her nightstand. Reaching over she turned it off, wanting more sleep. This however wouldn't happen, as she could hear everyone making noise downstairs.

She hurled herself up, and grabbed clothes for her to change into. She sluggishly made her way down to the private bathroom that they had in their proxy hallway. Upon seeing the door closed, she yawned and lifted up her hand to knock.

Before her hand could come into contact, the door swung open. Masky stood with his hair slicked back and a towel around his waist. "Wow so the stalker is a perv too now huh?" He says. "Fuck off it's too early for this shit." She replies as she pushed him out and slammed the door.

Legitimately, it was too early to be dealing with his attitude. All she wanted was a warm shower to wake her up. She relaxed her shoulders as she turned on the tap. The warm water soothed any stiff aching muscles she had gotten while sleeping. Closing her eyes she let the water run down her hair and face.

After drying off, she slipped into her clothing and dried her hair with a towel. She swiftly put on some makeup and left the bathroom. Tonight, she would be having her mission with Masky, and she was dreading it. She wrapped the towel around her neck as she headed to the kitchen for some breakfast.

Grabbing a pastry she stuffed it in her mouth and began to boil water in a kettle for some tea. In walked Toby, who was still in his pyjamas. He yawned a small good morning as she ruffled his hair. "Want me to cook you something? Maybe heat up a chocolate pastry?" she asked. He blinked tiredly and nodded, she smiled at her friend's tiredness.

After steeping her tea, she handed Toby his pastry. He took a bite and mumbled a soft 'thank you' as he chewed slowly. She stretched slightly as she made her way to the living room. There sat Jane, Ej, and Ben, they were all watching some random show. She sat down on the couch next to Jane, making sure not to spill her mug.

~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~

It was now the afternoon and Y/n had been in the yard with Jane for a few of hours. Both were taking a short break from training and drinking from their water bottles. The type of training she usually did was close combat. Y/n's main weapon of choice had always been a handgun.

She may be strong mentally, but her physical strength wasn't as great compared to everyone else. She chose the gun as her weapon, considering she had good aim and it didn't require muscular strength. However, ever since she's arrived as a new proxy Jane has been helping train her; since she had a close range weapon.

"Y/n when we start again, I want you to watch your stance. It's important to keep ur feet lined up to ur shoulders and to hold your ground when in a fight." Jane explained. Y/n, who was still chugging water nodded at her.

The sound of her breath could be heard as she hit the ground hard. She was covered in dirt and sweat, she was exhausted. No matter how much she tried she couldn't beat Jane. "Try holding your forearms up more, you want to protect your head more than your body."

Half an hour flew by as she dramatically fell to the ground, claiming she didn't want to keep going. Jane sighed, pulling the girl up by her arms. Smiling, she caved in and said they'd continue another day.

Relieved and grateful for letting her off for the rest of the day. She then decided to take a quick shower, only to get rid of the sweat and grime, she headed back inside. Once she had finished, and had begun relaxing in the kitchen, she looked at the clock.

7:00 pm

Had she really been working that long? She thought. Sighing she got up, she would need to get her supplies ready. Boss had expected them to begin the mission once the sun had settled. The sun would be fully down soon, as autumn was rolling in.

Opening her closet, she grabbed her overalls and a t-shirt. Her outfit had enough room to move around in, as well as pockets to hold items. Her pockets were mostly filled with bullets, bandages, a pocket knife, and a loop for her handgun.

She grabbed her black medical mask and pistol off her dresser. Slipping her mask and gloves on as well as her pistol into her loop, making sure it was loaded. Upon looking out the windows in her room, the sun had appeared to have just set. The warm hues swirling in with the cooler ones as shadows of the trees spiked through.

Lacing up her combat boots, she began to dread this mission. Masky was going to be such a pain to work with. He may have been smart, but he was rather impulsive. This is what she would rather not have to deal with. It felt like babysitting to her.

~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~✿~

The front doors creaked as she opened them. Stepping out into the dark, the wind sent a chill up her spine. Maybe next time she would wear a hoodie. Down the front steps stood the one person she wished she could never see again.

"Ugh be a doll for me and put that fucking cancer stick out? It smells like shit." She said pushing her mask higher over her nose. Masky had his mask slightly tilted up, exposing his mouth. He smirked a bit, as he blew smoke into her face, making her cough.

"How bout you make me." He replied. That obnoxious smile growing on his face. The girl promptly smacked his hand, making the cigarette fall into the dirt. It sizzled as she stomped it farther into the ground, making sure the light was fully put out. "I'm not in the mood for your little games Timothy we have to go."

He huffed, slipping his mask back down. Trailing behind her, he would step on her shoes here and again. She grew irritated, as she had almost dropped the paperwork multiple times because of this. Grabbing the taller man, she shoved him slightly forward so that now he walked beside her instead.

Scrunching her nose she turned slightly. "You need to stop smoking those death sticks, I can't stand it." "It's called an addiction you dunce. I'm not quitting." Her eyebrows furrowed at this. "Boss said you're losing stamina and strength. I'm only telling you that soon enough boss will just get rid of you if you keep it up." He flinched at the thought.

"Well how-" he stopped once he bumped into the girl. "Why the hell did you stop-" she promptly shushed him. They had reached town, and they would be arriving at the police station soon.

In the files, Slenderman had explained that only one officer would be in. Others would be on patrol, this one was hooked on the case of Y/n however. He had been cultivating evidence ever since her recent sightings had gained popularity amongst the media.The station should be locked, except for the door to the office of the investigator.

The name of the officer, William Chantelle.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~