[27]

"I Care"
Black Out Days- Phantogram
❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀❀

When they arrived at the station JJ was thrown into a cold, empty cell, while Alexa was put in a office room

She worried for JJ, meanwhile JJ was relieved that they had believed him and that Pope was out of trouble.

"Now Alexandra, your parents aren't going to be happy about this." Shoupe walked in with a paper and pencil.

"Parent." She corrected with an eye roll.

The wicked bitch of the Kooks was nothing more than just that to her. There was no way she'd ever consider Penelope her step mother, let alone her 'Parent'.

"Sorry about that...You're lucky Mrs. Thornton believed you were forced to not say anything. Your witness statement will clear you from any involvement." He informed her.

She stared blankly at the table, not really knowing what to say. Toppers mother was a cold hearted bitch, she wasn't going to sit there and thank her.

Shoupe sighed when he got nothing in return.

"This isn't like you. Did JJ threaten you to not say anything? We can take legal action against-" Shoupe started but Alexandra was quick to cut him off.

"JJ didn't do anything to me, he was upset that Topper and Rafe had jumped Pope, and they had hurt me. I was upset too, so I didn't care."

"Well he can't take the law into his own hands."

Alexa found it funny how Shoupe made no mention of taking legal action for Pope getting his ass kicked.

"Would you have believed Pope? Would you have believed him against Topper, Rafes and Dougs word?" Alexa finally looked up at the deputy.

Shoupe stayed silent. It was enough of an answer for Alexandra.

"You give them too much power, you'll learn one day." Alexa grabbed the pencil and paper and began writing.

Shoupe took that as his cue to leave.

Alexandra wrote everything that happened except she had to changed all of Popes name to JJ's.

She had hoped they'd let her leave on her own, and that Liam wouldn't have to be called, but she knew how the law worked. She was a minor, there was no way she'd ever be let out with her dad knowing of it.

Alexandra waited with her head down on her arms. She couldn't keep her leg still.

The door opened and she expected her dads booming voice, instead it was Sheriff Peterkin.

"Get up."

Alexa slowly lifted her head confused but got up.

Peterkin looked around before continuing.
"I need  you to talk to your friend, who seems to not care that he's on the brink of being sent to juvie if he doesn't get himself together."