Chapter 49....

"I think I'm going to be sick."

"It's okay there's still time."

"Bro she's gonna break my hand."

I heard all of their voices but I was too focused on what was going to happen the ice to care. I felt Mateo trying to pull his hand from mine but I latched on even harder.

"Josie ease up a little." I heard him groan painfully. I briefly took my eyes away from the ice and sent Mateo a sheepish smile, letting go of his hand.

"Sorry."

"Geez woman are you secretly the hulk." He shook his hand out and flexed it.

"Hey I warned you about sitting next to me." And I did but he was hell bent on sitting next to me. On the other side of me Sydni snickered.

"Gotta toughen up there little bro." Behind us Landon slapped his brothers shoulder, making Mateo glare at him over his shoulder. If I wasn't so stressed out about the game I would have laughed as the two of them started bickering. Evelyn just shaking her head and turning to talk to Sydni.

I looked around the arena as I tried to settle my nerves as the players talked to Coach on the sidelines. Although seeing how packed the arena was it didn't really help much.

The hockey arena in Boston was huge, like really huge. Every seat was filled for tonights game which was to be expected. It was the final game in the Cup Championship series and it was a do or die game.

The Toronto Knights had a one game lead against the Boston Bears and if they won tonight they win the Cup Championship. And currently we were tied 2-2, in overtime, so we needed one goal to win. One goal.

I've been a ball of nerves since the playoffs started and its only grown as Wyatt made the cup finals. I think I am more nervous about tonights game than anyone else, including Wyatt. I was here bouncing in my seat, squeezing Mateo's hand to death.

Wyatt has just worked so hard for this moment. To come back from a knee injury and make it to the finals was a huge deal. He's playing the best he ever has too. The fact that he has brought his team back after losing quite a few games at the start of the season was amazing. It just showed how great of a player and captain he was.

It's been six months of early morning practices, days on the road for away games, and trying to juggle a new relationship on top of it. Yeah there were bad days for us. Little arguments about the other person being too busy and not making time for the other. But they never lasted long. How could I stay mad at a guy who five minutes later would come up, wrap his arms around me, placing kisses along my neck while telling me he loved me. Yeah it was next to impossible.

I won't lie the Playoffs were hard on both of us. Wyatt was gone for days at a time and traveling back and forth for each game. When he was home he was either exhausted or at practice with the team. It even lead to a fight with me telling him he was working too hard and if he didn't slow down he was going to re-injure himself.

It ended up leading us into the worst fight we've had so far. I was just concerned with how much he was pushing himself and he took my words to mean I didn't want him playing anymore. We both got caught up in the heat of the moment, yelling at each other.

Wyatt had stomped out of my apartment and went back to his. Two full days of no contact. Both of us too stubborn to apologize first even though we were both miserable. It may have only been two days but it was the longest two days of my life. It was on day three I gave in and went up to his apartment only to run into him doing the same thing. Lets just say the making up lasted all night.

"Here we go." I announced as the players got back on the ice. It was seriously do or die right now. If they let the other team score they won but if we did first then the trophy was ours. As soon as I saw Wyatt on the ice I was back to grabbing Mateo's hand. From the corner of my eye I noticed he winced but didn't say a word.

My leg bounced nervously as I watched the guys fight for the puck. The team has looked really good all season. Even with the three games they lost at the start of the season they've only lost a total of 5 games which was pretty incredible.

At first I knew it was hard for Wyatt. I could see the worry in his face on game days and the way he unconsciously rubbed his knee. I knew that feeling. That worry that you could get hurt again and this time not recover from it. I couldn't blame him for being cautious and even a bit scared something could happen again. But game after game he learned to trust his knee again and was now back and better than he was before.

"Come on, come on." I chanted under my breath as I caught sight of Wyatt moving down the ice, the puck in front of him. Like always Bryton and Trevor were right there beside him, blocking and weaving around other players. Even after all this time I was still in awe at the way they all moved together.

The other players on the team were trying their hardest to keep the other team at bay as the three booked it down the ice. I could practically feel the determination coming from the team. I knew everyone else around me felt the same as we all sat there waiting with baited breath for one of them to score.

As Wyatt neared the goalie my grip on Mateo's hand got even tighter as I scooted forward. This was it. I only had eyes on my man as he skated as fast as he could on the ice. Shoot! Shoot!

Almost like he heard me Wyatt brought his stick back and sent a fast slapshot straight for the net. It was like everything quieted down as the puck shot through the air. It flew right past the goalie as he lunged to the side, missing it completely.

The buzzer went off making everyone erupt into cheers. I shot from my seat screaming bloody murder.

They won! They won!

I turned to Sydni who turned to me, both of us screaming at each other before looking back at the ice. The Knight fans all around me was going crazy, almost deafening me. Landon, Mateo and Evelyn no better as they screamed for Wyatt.

Looking on the ice I noticed Wyatt skating towards me, ignoring his other teammates who were on the ice hugging each other. Unexpected tears welled in my eyes at the sight of him. He had taken his helmet off and his hair was stuck to his forehead from sweat but he was literally glowing. The smile on his face mirroring the one on mine.

I was seated behind the glass but that didn't stop Wyatt from coming right up to it, placing his hand on the glass. I felt the tears run down my face as I pressed my hand against the glass in front of his.

I knew this moment meant more to him than he'd ever say. After having a rough year with his injury and coming back he didn't think he would get here but I did. I saw it on his face that very first game I went to. This was his come back and boy did he do it.

"I love you." I mouthed knowing he couldn't hear me over the yelling.

"I love you." He mouthed back, blowing me a kiss. At that exact moment his two best friends came up and tackled him to the ground. I could hear Trevor and Bryton yelling as they dog piled Wyatt.

Laughing I wiped at my tears. I was finally completely and utterly happy.

𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝔼𝕟𝕕!!!!