Chapter 3

"Keely?"

"Yes, ma'am!" she stands up and rushed forward, receiving the paper.

"Congratulations! You got the referral to work at the department."

Speechless, she could only nod and head back to her seat so that the next one could receive their forms, or sort of like diploma from graduating to this educational facility where they will test and see where you can be placed in the society. She tried so hard to make it happen, and now, this is it!

'No way.... No way.... No f🐥ing way...' Keely couldn't even try to look at the other troll beside the King and Queen. 'It's the same guy who's been talking to me from the restaurant.' And he is, in fact, the Prince of Vibe City.

"I expect all of you to maintain this ship's qualities, and if there shall be a problem, it will be reported immediately to your appointed senior supervisor," says Queen Essence.

"It's not all work and no funk for you guys, of course. There will be times where you'll be relieved of your duties to enjoy yourselves and relax, so just try to love your job and you'll be fine," said King Quincy.

The others answered merrily, except for Keely who only nodded with a smile. Prince D could only focus his eyes on hers, because even if he does so, she wouldn't really look at him so he doesn't get caught. He sees her expression and wondered if she's alright, and if the job that is assigned to her is too much for her to handle. Or was it because of his presence being there?

Being in the engineering department, you got to handle the ship's mechanisms to make sure that it works fine day after day. It's technically the hardest job in Vibe City, and yet here she is. He just hopes that this uneasy vibes hasn't got something to do with him. That'd be a challenge to fix after building the acquaintance bond between them.