Chapter 31

After playing house all day, which is what Val, the ambassador of HardRock Tribe says, they've all retreated to the guest cottage, which totally looks like an overgrown mushroom. It's a little cramp to be honest, but Keely wouldn't complain much about since since Queen Barb did destroyed all five tribes' homeland. It's just Funks' Vibe City was easily repaired, what with their advance tech as Synth, the Techno ambassador calls it.

"I've never played with that much glitter in my whole life," says Keely, who's stamina is so drained after the fun and tiring activities that Queen Poppy made them all do the entire day.

"The food here is too sweet for my taste," says Dante, the Classic's ambassador.

"But they sure can host a fun party," Synth gets back from the kitchen with a bowl of sweets.

"Keely, didn't Prince Cooper told you to meet him somewhere for a private tour?"

She looks at Lownote, but just slumps back to the pillows, "Nah. He had a last minute change of schedule. Told me that we can just do it tomorrow." Keely was bummed out about it, but it could wait. He's not exactly whom she came here for anyway.

Boom! A loud crash jolted all of them awake from their sleep. As soon as their eyes went open, half of the cottage is already crushed. Thankfully it didn't reach their area as it would be horrifying if even one of them is injured by that.

"What the f🐣!"

"Language, Keely," Lownote scolds her.

All of them went out of the rubble, seeing a beaten up stage and a few Pop trolls, including the queen, dressed as Rockers with Val along with them.

"W-What's going on out here?"

"Oh my goodness, I can't even believe--" Holly, the ambassador of Country, went out to see the full picture of the scene. Seeing the Pops sigh in relief, they figured that everything was an accident. "Ya'll..... What's going on, ya'll?" she asks, utterly confused just as all of them.

Poppy looked down, embarrassed, "I'm so sorry. Things just got.... a little out of hand."

'A little?....' Keely cringed, looking around the ruined stage and the tree that crashed to the guests' quarters.

"But I swear, we're not really that aggressive. We were just pretending to be Rockers, and--"

"Pretending?!" Val placed both hands on her hips, "I knew it. This was just a big show to fake me out."

"No! Val, that's not true!-- I mean... yes, we've been trying to make a good impression, but I wouldn't call it 'putting on a show'."

Cooper comes up behind Poppy with an additional explanation, "Yeah, we call it 'giving you a cupcake'. We're doing it to everybody."

"Everybody?" Dante echoed the last part, making all of them gasp.

"No, no. That's not it!-- I mean, yes, we call it that, but--"

"Whatever, I'm packing my bags, man," the Rock Trolls interrupted, having heard enough of it, "Val, is out." Fire display spurted above them with the word 'LATER' as she walks out.

"Yes, it appears it's time we all packed our bags,"Dante turns around, making his notes follow him back to the cottage.

"Uhuh," Holly agrees.

Lownote give them two plucks from his bass guitar and goes back inside.

"But...." Poppy tried to reason, but none of them wanted to listen. But at least Keely stayed on her position. She didn't look upset, just focused on the burning stage. "Keely?"

The girl looks at her, then at Cooper, "We really enjoyed it here, you know."

"I'm just trying to... to make you guys comfortable to be here..."

Keely nods understandably, "Sorry. I'm going to be blunt and I know I'm not an ambassador, but I think pleasing them with... fake hospitality.... will only put distrust between all of us." Seeing all of these Pop Trolls look down in shame makes her want to cheer them up with the least she could do, "Nevertheless, I'm still happy to be here and meet you all, even if all of that were.... cupcakes."

Cooper smiled at her appreciatively, so did the rest of them.

The troll stood there awkwardly, swaying back and forth before speaking up, "I'm.... going to go help Lownote pack up. See ya later, guys." Keely finally walks back to the cottage with a sigh. 'Great. What am I going to do now?'