Chapter 27

To say that Prince D is not being himself is an understatement to the troll that Keely is seeing right now. He's been very.... dodgy. Only two days of them hanging out after afternoon rush hour at the restaurant seemed to have wore off any kind of energy and ideas they have. It's just the tension is so thick and none of them has the courage to break the thread.

As of now, the two are walking around Darnell's home, having finished playing tech games from his own personal play room. One of the best things he got to entertain himself while off prince duties. The point however was to keep himself away from boredom, but it seems Keely isn't one to enjoy such activity.

"So..... what should we do next?" she asks.

"Uhm...." he looked around, trying to come up with something.

It wasn't as if she's not enjoying it, it's just Keely would just stay quiet rather than making a fool out of herself. Her heart's already running a full marathon inside, and him being near her just makes it beat more faster. She admits that's she's slowly having a crush on him, but Darnell's partly to be blamed for it. He's sending mixed signals, and saying they're best friends just gives her thoughts a roller coaster ride.

"I haven't tried this before.... How about we—" he leans in to Keely's ear, making her jolt on the spot with a flushed face.

She listens to his offer of activity and gasps, "Won't the King and Queen get mad at you?"

"I might get scolded later, but I really wanted to try this for a long while now."

"Darnell..." Keely nervously looks around, fearing that someone might be listening in on them.

"Please? I-It's just this once."

At the look of his puppy eyes, the girl felt her heart stop. Is this really the guy she's hanging around with? If she told her isolated self from a year ago that she'd be best friends with the Prince of Funk, Keely wouldn't have believed it at all. But here they are, spending free time together like it's the most normal thing that everyone can do.

"Ma'am! There are Funk citizens flying outside the mothership!" says a crew from the switched engineering team from the control panel.

"What? Are you sure they're from Vibe City?" asks the new supervising officer.

"Well..... the hoverboard is one of Vibe City's technology. And one of the trolls is... Prince Darnell... ma'am..."

"Prince D?" she looks closely to the monitor, seeing two trolls, and indeed one of them is one of the Funk Troll Princes. The other one is a female, latched on his back like a fearful kitten. The supervisor sighs, a smile lingering on her lips, "Let them be. I'm sure our King will deal with this matter to him later." Just as she is walking away, the troll added, "And our Prince is capable, I'm sure he knows what he's doing."