Chapter 28

After their little escapade, King Quincy and Queen Essence decided it'd be better to keep an eye on both of them for a while. Sure enough, Darnell was scolded about it, but he sure as hell weren't regretting it. His fur fuzzes up at the thought that Keely was just on his back, holding on for what seemed like a full day of their outdoor excitement. A memory he'd like to hold on to whilst he still wait for the day he'd have the courage to face his feelings for her.

"Prince D, what do you think?"

"Huh?" Darnell looks back up to the troll advisor, then to his dad.

"It could minimize the adjustment time, don't you think?"

"Y-Yeah. Right. Let's do it."

Quincy frowned, yet he finishes off the conversation first so that one of his tasks are considered done before turning back to his son with a knowing smirk, "I didn't take you for a daydreamer. And I'm sure its got somethin' to do with that pretty lil' gal named Keely."

"Got nailed on an instant, huh?"

The older troll chuckles, leading them back to the building where Essence and the girl went to for a bit of girl bonding session. "You know, Prince D, you need not to impress her that much. What you did was reckless beyond reasoning, but you could've at least let me know of what you're gonna do so that I could make some preparations."

"Preparations? Really?" he scoffed, lips turning upwards at how crazily overprotective his parents can be. "You know I can take care of myself, and I wasn't planning on screwing things up. It's just one of my bucket list, is all."

"You mean—," King Quincy then holds up a rolled parchment, unveiling its contents in one swift movement, "—this bucket list with Keely?"

"Dad, did you go through my stuff?!" Darnell is extremely horrified.

"One of those days that I can't find you out in the open, I decided to check in your room as usual. That's when this thing caught my eye. Pretty bold to plan a first date on the fifteenth move."

His face turned from shock to serious, "Can I have it back, please?"

"Only if," Quincy rolls it back, dangling it to D's face, "I get to help you with it. I'm the expert around these waters, count me in and all your plan goes smoothly. And that benefits you both ways, doesn't it?"

Although as embarrassing as this looks to be, Darnell can't just leave that paper to his Dad's hands. Knowing him, he still hasn't told his Mom about it and would make much more extreme measures to put effort on making all of those things in the list to happen. He'd better just work with him than to fail on his first ever attempt to court a girl. Darnell snatches it back and shakes his hand with a stiff nod, "It's a deal."

"It'll be our little secret," his Dad winks at him. As soon as they open the doors, both of them hears something that puts Darnell in the red. On top of his slow advance to the girl he likes, she's seemingly interested with his brother more than he had ever expected. Those next words may or may not seal his position in the girl's mind.

"Queen Essence, I'll won't let you down. I'll make sure that our ambassador will arrive and return safely from Pop Village."