Chapter 32

Creeping about was not her plan at all, but Keely had no choice since they're going to leave by sunrise. She's trying to find that Pop Troll named Branch, but it was trickier than she thought. Going around Pop Village in full throttle is already tiring her out, yet still no sign of him. When she decided to come back to where the others were, that's when she finally caught a glimpse of him, joining Queen Poppy as she moped to herself from how bad it all turned out.

"--Poppy, I think Trollstopia is an amazing idea. Maybe your best idea. And that's saying something," he says to Poppy.

'Trollstopia?' Keely raises a brow in confusion.

"I never wanted you to give up about it, I just wanted you to be realistic about how challenging it would be. And that's okay. If the idea is good enough, it's worth rising to the challenge."

The girl watched as he tried to comfort his girlfriend, who had seemed to lighten up at his words. Keely awed at the sight of both of them, almost having a perfect match kind of relationship.

"Thanks, Branch. I needed to hear that. And maybe... everybody else does, too," the queen smiled determinedly, stands up with a sigh, and walks towards the ambassadors who are already done packing their stuff.

Branch looks at her, admiringly, not noticing the Funk Troll behind him, "Trollstopia, huh?"

He releases a surprised yelp, placing a hand over his heart, "Sheesh, you sure do like to give trolls a shock."

"That's not true. I just don't stand out a lot, that's all," Keely pouts before taking a seat on where Poppy previously were. "Trollstopia..... Is that why ambassadors were called here?"

"Yeah. A place where all troll tribes exist in one place to live in harmony," by the way he says it, it almost sounded sarcastic.

"Huh... That's great idea," she nodded.

"That's what I've been telling her! But I think my way of speaking just got stuck on being sarcastic. No wonder I was always told to shut up."

Keely stiffled her laughter, "You really do sound sarcastic."

"Even you think so," Branch deadpans on her. They look to Queen Poppy who is already showing them her scrapbook to visualize her ideal troll world to them.

"I have to be honest, I didn't tag along here just to see Cooper. I was actually planning on talking to you," Keely admitted.

"Me?" the guy looks at her weirdly.

"You're the only other troll I knew that made a relationship with a queen. And that's a pretty loud status update back at the Volcano Rock City."

"Oh. Right," he nodded, still weirded out that anyone would be aiming to reach out to him at all. "So.... what was it that you want?"

"How did you it?"

Branch raises an eyebrow, "The...?"

"How did you and Queen Poppy reached this kind of stage? To be in a relationship, even though she's a Queen with many duties to handle, and is surrounded by many trolls. How did you two even confessed? How--"

"Woah woah woah woah, hold up. You're really going to ask me, about that stuff? W-What's the deal here anyway?--Oh, wait. I think I can guess why," he squinted his eyes at her.

"You.... can?"

"I bet it's Prince D."

"It is him."

"Knew it."

"Scr🐣w it."

"Watch it."

"Sorry," she sighs, hugging both her back legs, "Me and D.... we're... I've been having these feelings for him. I-I don't wanna add up to his burden. He's the Prince and all that, and I'm sure he's as busy as everyone-- maybe even busier."

Branch wasn't the type at all to give good advices to anyone other than Poppy, but since it sounds interesting, he's willing to listen, "Royalties, huh."

"Yeah. We've been acquainted for a while before I realized he's the Prince. Stuff happened and my... admiration turn to this awful crush on him. But he said we're best friends so... I didn't dare to show how I really feel about him."

He waited for her to continue under 5 seconds, and when she doesn't, that's when he speaks up, "I've been through the friendzone stage. I know it's tough, but I think you'll know if there's any sign of him actually wanting more than just that."

His words sets her dying hope ablaze, her eyes looking at him in expectation for a good turn, ".....Like?"

"Well.... for me, it's all about the effort to understand each other. As a guy, I don't wanna see Poppy get sad or stressed out. I prioritize her more than anything when needed. I didn't imagine that I'd get to this stage either, but I guess having patience and knowing what consequences it'll take to make things happen got me to it. Plus honesty. When the time comes, tell him. It's better than keeping it all locked up to yourself."

"Honesty, huh..." it's all better said than done, but at least Keely finally had the answer to her questions.