Chapter 23

She never thought that her plans would be ruined, but now, fear completely encases her to the point that her expression weakens along with her resolve, "Give me that!" trying to snatch it out of the Pop Troll's hands was now impossible.

"I'm not gonna let you do this to anyone else! A world where anyone looks the same and sounds the same? That's not harmony!"

After a few moments of thinking, and remembering Keely's words, he finally speaks, "Hey, Barb?" Beanie Rock Troll smiled and waved uttering a 'Hi', "Maybe Queen Poppy has a point. If we all look the same, act the same, sound the same, how will anyone know we're cool?...or something."

"A world where everyone's the same.... under Hard Rock Trolls... sound kinda cool in a way, since I've always only heard funk music. BUT THAT IS BORING AS 🐣k!" Keely shouted at him.

He places a finger to his mouth and shushed at her, "Keep that down, or Queen Barb might hear you."

"So what?! She deserves to have an eye checked! Look around you. Look at every other troll that you've gathered in this place. Aren't they cool? I had only just learned how to be a proper Funk Troll after many years of isolating myself away from gatherings and stuff, but knowing that I can learn something new, admire something as awesome as them... which I've only ever seen in books..... Don't you think that's awesome too rather than staying cooped up and hearing the same tune, same phase, and same music? It's like reading a book and only ever reading one theme!" she groans. "And believe me, I know how that feels."

The reason why she's so talkative all of a sudden was because Keely is slowly becoming more and more scared. And not once has she been like this before.

"I don't get it.... but I'm okay with whatever Queen Barb has in store. Not like anything can change her decision."

"Then I'll help make her change her decision!" Keely rolled to his feet, making him stagger backwards in surprise. "Come on. You'll see what I mean. Help me get out of here and I'll make her know the difference of her ideals."

"I don't think that's a good idea..." he was tasked to keep an eye on her after all.

"She's not coming here, isn't she? I bet she's busy readying for this... event... so we'll just have to go to her! And you're going to escort me there so that I won't do anything."

He didn't recognize the lie in those words, but he believed her and set her free. That was a huge mistake on his part as the girl fled down the hallway, only to face the wrath of Queen Barb. Sure, she was about to be let off the hook, but the sudden report of the casualties on her way there turned the decision over.

Which brings us to the current situation.

After saying that, the troll finally understood what she meant. The Hard Rock Trolls listened well to what he said, and they slowly agreed.

"Yeah, he has a point."
"That's kinda boring."
"What's the point, then?"

Queen Barb looks around her, feeling list and betrayed by her all the people around her. Don't they appreciate what she's planning to do? She's trying to bring harmony and breaking down the era of trolls being divided from their music.

Poppy speaks again, "A good queen listens! Real harmony takes lots of voices.-" she runs to the center where all can see her, "-Different voices!" then, she took an unexpected action, one that could really change all troll kind.

The Queen of Pop smashes down the guitar, breaking the strings and all the power that came with it.

Even all their music.