chapter 191-200

Chapter 191 (Part 1) Selecting consorts

However, Feng Cang admired this 'special' rival from the bottom of his heart. In any case, Ming Yue Cheng was an opponent worthy to be respected. He would never plot scheme or play trickery. Moreover, he had never play dirty tricks behind the back. As Ming Yue Cheng said before, "I love you, this has nothing to do with you." Feng Cang thought that if it was him, he wouldn't be able to do that on the matter of love.

The news of Nan Feng's new emperor selecting consorts soon spread like wildfire throughout the entire Nan Feng.

Recommended for you

These days during the court, Ming Yue Cheng could feel that the expressions of these ministers were weird. They looked at him as if they were looking at a delicious cake. Some people had even put portraits of their own daughter in the memorial to the emperor, hoping that Ming Yue Cheng could see them when he read the memorial and get a good impression of their daughter. Everyone thought highly of Ming Yue Cheng and all wanted to be connected to the imperial family.

So, a spectacular project about selecting consorts began in the capital. All the beautiful girls were arranged to enter the palace to begin the primary and secondary selections. Everyone strived to show the best of themselves and hoped to be selected by Ming Yue Cheng.

"Fu Er, how are things going?" Ming Yue Cheng wasn't affected by the noise of the outside world at all. He still read the memorials conscientiously and occasionally asked one or two things about the matters of selecting consorts.

"Answering the emperor, the primary selection hasn't yet begun! The quality of the beautiful girls this time is very high. Those young mistresses are all outstanding. It seems that this time sir Gu De is going to have a headache!"

"Ha...." Couldn't decipher whether the laughter of Ming Yue Cheng was happy or sad. After reviewing the last memorial, Ming Yue Cheng stood up and stretched his muscles. Suddenly he said, "Fu Er, today's weather is just right. Accompany me out of the palace!"

"Yes...." Fu Er had always complied with Ming Yue Cheng's request. He immediately changed Ming Yue Cheng into the ordinary clothes. Afterwards, Fu Er followed behind Ming Yue Cheng and the two got out of the palace.

It was already early in the spring. The spring in Nan Feng arrived particularly early. Women selling flowers could be seen everywhere on the street. Those beautiful purples and brilliant red flowers were placed in the flower vase. Only by giving a few coppers, a small bouquet could be taken. It was really a good deal.

Beautiful purples and brilliant red: beautiful flowers
Ming Yue Cheng looked at the spray of flowers in front for a long time. He finally picked a bouquet of peach blossoms. Early spring, it was the perfect time when peach blossom bloomed most gorgeously. Peach blossoms were simple and small, with simple colors and small petal. They strived to flourish under the warm sun of spring as if they would use their whole life to embrace spring.

"Is it beautiful, Fu Er?"

"Beautiful! The peach tree is young and elegant, brilliant are its flower!"

The peach tree is young and elegant, brilliant are its flower: This sentence is from a Chinese poetry (桃之夭夭,灼灼其华). It means that the peach tree is in full blossom with its flower blooming very beautiful.
"Hm, well said!" Ming Yue Cheng took the peach blossoms and walked aimlessly in the capital. People brushed past him from time to time. Those smiling faces affected Ming Yue Cheng's mood more or less.

Recommended for you

Just when Ming Yue Cheng was immersed in the beauty of spring, the sound of pipa came over.