Chapter 6: Will you

Cara's POV

I don't know how many hours I am sitting on the floor but when I heard noises outside I decided to stand up, go to the restroom and wash my face.

I look down as I went inside the restroom because I don't want other people to ask questions. I am not in the mood to answer their questions.

For the nth time I douse again my face with water and wipe it off with clean paper towel. I thank God that we use soft but firm paper towel here in the restroom.

I went out and immediately Jane calls my name.

"Cara!"  I walk towards her office and ask "Yes?"

"Mr. Bradford is looking for you." She replied.

Shit.

"Are you sure it's me he wants? Maybe we have another employee named Cara."

"As far as I know you are the only Cara in this company. So go now because he is looking for you almost an hour now."

"Do-Do you have any idea why he wants me to go to his office?" I stutter.

"I am sorry Cara no." Suddenly her line is ringing. I saw her eyes widen and said.
"Go now Cara it is Mr. Bradford calling."  While she answered the phone.
I walk towards to my doom.

I stop in front of Mr. Bradford's office and knock. I did not even wait for his non-existent reply.

I slowly turn the knob and entered the room slowly.

After I entered his office. I immediately look down and lean on the door.

"Lock the door." His deep baritone voice rang out inside his room.

I turns around and shakily lock his door. He's gonna murder me because I call him fat indirectly right?

I turns around again and stare at my shoes.
"Sit down." Mr. Bradford commanded.
I was getting ready to sit on the floor when he added. "On the couch."

Whoops.

I slowly walk towards the black couch. I dust off again my pants just in case it is dirty and I slowly sit down.

Wow so soft. I really can sleep in this couch.

"Cara look at me."

I slowly look up and stare at Mr. Bradford. His Dark blonde hair is cut professionally but the side and the front is a little bit longer. His mesmerizing different colored eyes are focus on me. His pouty mouth is in a grim line.

So intimidating.

When he was assured that my attention is on him he leans on his desk and blankly stares at me.

"Miss Cara. I'll cut to the chase. Is this yours?"

He then lifts up his right hand and my necklace is dangling in between his fingers.

"Yes! Thank you! Where did you find it?" I stand up and in the act of grabbing my necklace but he move it away from me.

"Tsk. Not so easy. I need to be sure it is yours. Where did you buy this?"
He inquire.

"I did not buy it sir. My friend gave it to me as a birthday gift." I explained.

There is an awkward silence after I answer his question.

Mr. Bradford leans back on his chair and he played with the pendant of my necklace.

His next question stuns me.
"So Cara. Why did you leave me?"

I wide eyed stare at Mr. Bradford.

"Leave you? When did I leave you sir?"
I ask confuse in what's happening.

"20 years ago Cara." He replied.

For real? He is MY pretty eyes? I mean I thought there is a miniscule chance that he is the same person but I did not expect that he really is My Blake. What are the chances?

I unconciously stand up and my limbs involuntary walk around his table. He slowly turns around his chair to face me.
I did not care if another round of tears is streaming down my face. I lift my hand and gently cup his face.

"Are you really Blake?" I whisper.
I stare at his beautiful eyes as he slowly nodded for confirmation.

Without any warning I hit this fucking shit.

I hit him on his shoulders, arms anything that I can reach I hit it.

Blake comically tried to dodge my hands.

"What the fuck woman!! Why are you hitting me this is abuse!" Blake shouted.

I hit him one more time before I shouted. "You scared me! Why didn't you just told me that you are My Blake earlier and you chose to scare me to death you hulk shit!"

When I am starting to hit him again Blake grab both of my hands and said
"I just learned this afternoon that you are Cara okay because you left your necklace in one of the paper bags."

"That's what almost what 2 hours ago?"

"Jane was looking for you for an hour and Hey! I need to eat first. I have my priorities straight! And no! Don't say it! I am not fat!"

I raise my eyebrow.

"I-"

"No. no. Nope. I know what you are thinking. In my defense I am hungry."
Blake cut me off.

"I did not even say anything! And would you please release my hands!" I exclaimed.

"No can do. You'll hit me again."

"I promise I won't hit you."

"Pinky promise? You don't break pinky promise Cara ever. That will be a major sin in my book."Blake said seriously.

How old is he? Five?

"No three." Blake snottily replied to my mental question.

I roll my eyes and said "Fine pinky promise I'll not hit you so could you please release my hands?"

Blake stares at me clearly not trusting what I said but slowly he releases my hands from his grasp.

"Now give me my necklace."
I demanded.

Blake raised his brow but nonetheless gave me back my necklace.

I got off guard when Blake suddenly stand up. I almost fall on my ass if I did not step back.

"How tall are you 4 foot 2?" He teases.

"Excuse me I am 4 foot 11 inches!"

"Are you sure? You did not even reach my chest!"

"Because you are a giant! You're what 7 foot?" I retorted.

"6 foot 2 inches." He boasted.

''See a giant."

"Whatever. Come on sit on the couch and explain to me why did you leave me."

We sat on the couch side by side and I suddenly felt nervous.
Will he believe me that I really don't know what happened to my mom?

"I have no choice. Mom never came back. They did not give me any explanation one minute I am in the playground waiting for her then the next I am in a car travelling to another state to see my 1st foster parents. I jump to different foster parents until I reach 18 then I made my way back here in NewYork."

I was surprise when Blake suddenly holds my hand. He slowly intertwine our hands. The electric current that I felt when we touched last time is back.

"I'm glad you're back Cara. I am sorry it took me twenty years to find you again. I tried to look for you. I swear I tried."
He rasp.

He lifts our intertwined hand and he kiss the back of my hand.

"Now that you're back in my arms. I will not waste anymore time. Will you marry me?"