Chapter 33: Party

Blake's POV

I am looking at myself in front of a full body mirror to see if anything is amiss.

As usual I look stunning. I wink at the mirror for good measure.
What? They said love yourself so I am just doing it!

I went out of the room in full spirits.
We chose to get ready in the hotel. It is much more easier.

I went down to the ballroom earlier than Cara to recheck everything. Cara needs more time to prepare. Not being stereotypical ladies.

She needs her own grand entrance. I made sure that this party was 100% dedicated to Cara.

From the designs and down to the food are all her favorites.
For godsakes I even hire the Taco Cart that she loves so much near the central park. I also requested a chocolate fountain on our own table. I am not sharing shit. They can eat everything but the chocolate fountain is MINE.

As I enter the ballroom I saw Jane immediately. She's wearing a black long dress. Ready to go for the party. She was also rechecking everything. This woman needs a raise.

When she saw me approaching she immediately meet up with me in the middle of the room.

"Mr. Bradford." Jane greets.

"Jane. I hope everythings in order?"

Jane nodded. "Yes sir. All are arranged."

"Good. In 20 minutes the guest will start to arrive so alert everyone."

"Noted sir." Jane replied seriously.

"Jane, You're also a guest so enjoy the party and stop working." After saying that I leave Jane gaping.

James graciously provided the security for this Black tie event. After all it is his hotel.

Every guest will present their personalized QR code that was sent by my team personally. Everyone are required to wear Black gowns and suit. Any color is not acceptable. If my staff saw a different colored dress or suits they will be graciously requested to step out of the ballroom.

We have an open bar but the bartenders are all instructed to stop giving drinks to the guest who they think are borderline drunk

This is not a frat party. If a guest wants to complain or make a scene the bouncers are there to escort them outside. I don't care if they own the world. If they want to throw a tantrum they are free to do it outside.

Once the guest started to arrive. I went back to our room. I hope Cara's finish.

I saw her glam team are already packing up.

I can't wait to see her. I know what her dress look like but it is different when she wears it.

I did not need to wait long.