Chapter 34: Reward

Cara's POV

I scan my eyes to all our guest. Some of them are stunned and in awe particularly our employees that recognized me.

Blake gently guide me down the stage.
"We don't want you to face plant on the floor Amore." Blake murmured.

No way I am not  that clumsy.

"You're right neck braces doesn't match my outfit." I joked.

Once that we safely goes down the stage. We are like magnets. All the surrounding people gravitates to us.

I expect that the CEO's are all snobbish like how they are portray in books and movies but, no they are all courteous. Their partners and wife are just standing by their side. They are uninterested with our conversations.
Indifference is better than being rude. So I'll take it.

I'm glad to say that the party's running smoothly until I got face to face with Angel.

We made eye contact and I know that she'll get mad because I hide my real identity. When she was on the act to leave I run towards Angel and grab her hand.

I slowly guide her to one of the quiet side of the ballroom so that we can talk properly.

I realease Angel's hand and she cross her arms on her chest.

"So. Should I call you Mrs. Bradford now?" Angel snidely ask.

"No Angel. I am still Cara."

"Why should I believe you? Oh wait will I get fired since I am disrespecting you now?" Angel's clearly mad and I understand her.

I shake my head.

I force her to uncoil her arms and hold her hands. I look at Angel's eyes and sincerely said "Angel. I am sorry if I did not tell you. I felt it was still not the proper time to reveal myself to you because we have so many things to fix. I hope that you will forgive me. You're the only one that treats me like a decent person even if I am just a lowly cleaner."

While waiting anxiously for Angel's reply she suddenly laugh.

Why is she laughing?

"I am sorry Cara I can't. I really can't."
Angel giggled.

"What?" I am so confused right now.

"I am just joking. Carter already told me about your real identity."

I was slack jawed. That fucking Carter.

"So you mean-"

"Yes I am not mad. Well at first yes but then I understand where you're coming from." Angel grin at me.

"Furthermore," I feel someone slink his arm around my shoulder. I look and it was Blake.

"Mr. Bradford called me in his office 7 months ago so even before Carter told me I already know your real identity."

I elbow Blake's stomach which did not affect him at all. He just kiss the crown of my neck.

I look up and glare at Blake.

Blake just shrugged his shoulders and said "I need to keep you safe Amore and I know how important Angel is to you."

"I got scared for nothing! For that no under the table business for you until I say so!" I exclaim.

Blake did not understand at first what I meant but when he got it his eyes widen. Before he can protest I raise my pointer finger "I don't wanna hear it or else I'll extend it until our anniversary. Don't test me Blake." I said sternly.