Chapter 30: treats

Cara's POV

I was stupefied.

Did I hear Blake right? Isn't it too early? We're married for what 7 or 8 months? For godsakes we did not even have sex yet!

Okay not connected to the issue at hand. Please forget that I say that.

I was startled when Jane grab my arm and shakes me.

"Cara what's wrong with you!" She murmured.

"I-I am sorry Jane I am just startled that I drop my things." I explained. I hurriedly picks up my things and peek around Jane's shoulder and look at Blake.

"I apologize Mr. Bradford."
Blake just nodded in response.

Jane faced Blake and said "I'll send my initial proposal Mr. Bradford tomorrow."

She turns around and warns me with her eyes to behave.

I look down when she pass. When Jane close the door I lock it and look at Blake.

Blake was surprise when I throw the rug that I am holding to him.

"What the fuck Amore!"

I slowly walk towards Blake's desk with the intention to strangle him.
"Really Blake? A party? When will you tell me that? The day before?" I exclaimed.

"Of course not! It was just decided today!"

I stop walking. "Oh." I smiled sheepishly at Blake and get the rug that I throw at him.

Blake's still glaring at me.

"You want treats?"

Blake glares intensifies.

I put my hands on my pocket and produce a bar of hershey's.

"Catch!"

In true fashion. Blake catches the chocolate bar effortlessly. Even if Blake's very angry he will never decline treats I mean chocolates.

I wait for Blake to finish his chocolate before I ask. I don't want to risk it. He might spit his chocolate at me like a llama.

Once Blake's finish eating his chocolate I hand him a bottle of water. After that I sat on Blake's desk and started to interrogate him.

"When is this party and where?"

"Probably next month first weekend."
I nodded. I still have time.

"What are your plan?"

"Nothing solid yet but it will definitely held at James hotel, which reminds me that I need to call him to reserve the place."

Blake grab his phone and speed dial James number.

Blake's eyes narrowed when James did not answer his call.

Blake tries again and called James three more times. Stalker alert!
If a person doesn't answer your call it means he's busy or he doesn't want to talk to you. Clearly Blake did not get this memo.

On the 4th call James answered his phone.

"What."

"Wow. Is this the right way to talk to your girlfriend's brother?"

"I can make my girlfriend an only child right at this moment if the said brother pissed me off."

I suspiciously look around Blake's office. I will not be surprise if James bugged this room.

"Oh please James. You love me too much to kill me. Right? Love you bro."

"Fuck you! Love my foot. What do you want?"