Approval Is Key

The clock read in as midnight, exactly. The day had come and gone. It was spent with mainly everyone catching up on sleep, getting situated and comfortable, but comfort was not my friend. I had to meet Sarah and swim.

I checked the bedroom and their she was, listening to music and zoning into her own world. Her blonde hair waving to the music. I tapped her shoulder, and she jolted hey eyes open like she had been electrocuted.

"God you scared me B. What's up?" she questioned. "Time to talk, put your swimsuit on. Quickly, I went and changed into a Hawaiian print bikini, and Sarah a red bikini.

We snuck downstairs, and outside without making so much as a hush. Once we could finally let our breath go, we dove into the pool. Water splashing over the drop off and onto the concrete as we giggled endlessly. The freezing water held my body, as goose bumps formed while I ran my hair out of my face and onto my neck.

"Now what is this super secret secret yo have been keeping all day?" she asked, one of her eyebrows raising in alliance. I laugh at how ridiculous she looked before letting out a deep breath.

"I'm dating your brother. Rafe. Your brother," I spit it out like an idiot. Clearly Rafe is her brother. Gosh.

"I feel like theirs more, you're still holding your breath," Sarah examined. Damn girl. She really did know me too well.

"You caught me, I was gonna finish with... we aren't really dating. He is making some girl jealous and I'm showing Kelce he can do better" I let our. She nodded in understanding before letting me know her thoughts.

"I think you two are mentally ill, but you do you. I mean I knew y'all were dating. Dad told me earlier. But the fake part is news so kudos to y'all for making it seem real," she smiled.

"Okay I'm impressed Sarah. Didn't know you were so observant," I laughed.

"So many mysteries about me Britney," she said sarcastically as I rolled my eyes. She told me about Topper, and how she wasn't ready to sleep with him but she was sure she would be soon. We exchanged advice, and spent a good few minutes discussing boys and memories.

Of course we had to follow through with tradition and swim a couple of laps to tire ourselves out before heading off to bed.

As I turned my head out of water for air briefly I noticed the blonde standing over the balcony looking down on us swim. Rafe smiled immensely before I realized I was standing up and you could probably see my chest from above. God. I dismissed him with my hand and he waved for me to come up, I ignored him and dive back into the fresh, cool water.

                                        ***

Sarah and I head inside around the ripe time of 2:15 in the morning. We are giggling and trying our beat not to wake the house up with our immense laughter as we climb up the stairs. As we head into the room, the cold tile floor threatens to trip me and my wet feet onto the floor. I regain balance and walk into the room, Sarah by my side just as euphoric as I am.

We reach my bed and Sarah sits with me. We laugh, and start to sing, knowing the only other person on this side of the house is Rafe and he isn't paying attention. We belt out old Disney hits until our vocal chords are sore, and my stomach aches from laughter. Sarah falls back onto the bed and I look down on her laughing at eachother. She laughs with me before leaning over the bed and pulling out a teensy little baggie from her completely black bag. The bag is almost invisible in the dark and I have to squint my eyes before noticing what's inside the bag.

"Weed? Sarah Cameron!" I huff before giggling some more. "I really shouldn't be hanging out with you you're such a bad influence," I chuckle as I reach for a lighter. She stick the end of a blunt in her mouth as she acts like it's a fat cigar. She motions for me to light it, and I just can't get it. My finger tips are wet, and wrinkly from the pool lapping up all hydration in my skin. "Ooh ooh get Rafe," she says, seeing my struggle.

As I approach Rafes door, I realize he's gonna end up smoking with us. Unsure of what to do I find myself entering the room anyways. My eyes scan the room for the boy when he groans "It's almost three in the morning Brit, what are you doing?" he hisses at me.
"Will you help us light one up?" I giggle. He looks up from his phone finally. Confused before he bursts into laughter. "You and Sarah are getting high?" I nod proudly. How could he think we are that innocent? I have had him take cover for me while I was hungover.

Rafe jumps up, and puts a shirt on before walking past me into the hallway. "Dean needs to be apart of this," I roll my eyes and head back into my room. Sarah looks at me confused before Rafe enters with my brother, who he clearly has not woken up. "The party can start he begins.

"Thank god I brought enough I didn't know we would all be doing this," Sarah spits and rolls her eyes at the boys smiling. Dean jumps onto the couch beside my head, and Rafe hops right on with me and Sarah.