What Now?

"Hey where have you been all day?" Sarah's face greets me warmly as I slip through the front door. Moments after me Rafe walks through and Sarah's eyebrows raise as she pops a grape into her mouth. Through her chewing she says, "Oh, I see. You'll tell me about it later." before walking off with a bowl of grapes in hand; leaving only me and Rafe in this terribly empty kitchen.

"Hey I was gonna make some lemonade in a minute, do you want any?" I ask him while searching for lemons and sugar as I try to play back off the emotions bouncing off of him.

"No Britney, I do not want some lemonade." He mocks at me. Of course, all personality is gone after a day of mostly kindness.

I roll my eyes as he leaves the room while my mom quietly enters. "What are you up to?" she surprises me making me jolt in my shoes.

"Oh nothing, just making some lemonade," I smile at her holding up the jug filled with water, the container producing a sloshing noise on the top of overflowing. My mom laughs before saying. "You and Rafe? How did that happen?" She raises an eyebrow. I just can't tell if she is curious or suspicious; probably both.

"Oh you know how it is, we just started talking more and realized we liked each other a little bit more than we thought we would I guess," I nervously chuckle, trying my hardest to stay content. My mom pays my back and we talk about our trip. The blue ocean, and happiness surrounding the air. I know we just got here but I don't think I ever wanna leave.

***
Me and Sarah are applying makeup and laughing while we try not to ruin our mascara that has been delicately applies to perfection on each of us. "Okayyyy option number one," I hold up a pair of jean shorts, and a cropped pink top puff sleeves, "or option number two?" as I raise black nike shorts and a fitted cropped tank top. Sarah motions towards the first outfits while searches for her gold accessories.

We are headed to a party where there will probably be a lot of tourists; cute tourists. So we have to look our very best for any cute guy that might happen to come across us. "What are you two doing?" Deans voice comes from the doorway.

"Oh just pimping out, the usual," Sarah smirks while continuing to attach her gold hoop earrings. I laugh while I tell my brother. "A tourist party, cute boys will be there," I say as I gather my phone and some money and shove them into my back pocket. 

"Cute boys means cute girls, I'll drive," Dean smiles brightly and turns out the door and walks away. Sarah rolls her eyes as we follow behind him.

As I go to open the passenger door an unhappy face greets me with a "Sorry princess, I ride shotgun," Rafe smirks at me motioning towards the back seat. I hop into the backseat and shoot Dean a glare through his rear view mirror and he shrugs apologetically.

My eyes find Sarah sitting next to me gazing out the window when I tap her shoulder making her suddenly much more aware of my presence. Sarah looks at me confused until I motion towards Rafe again with my hands and she rolls her eyes once again, clearly a new habit of hers.

"And why is golden boy here?" Sarah scoffs at the front seat, looking over to me in satisfaction as she then continues to stare out the window thinking about whatever she is thinking.

"What am I not allowed to tag along with you guys?" he shakes his head and makes a ticking noise between his teeth before sticking a tooth pick right between his top and between teeth.

Without thinking I sink into my seat and remember the party is going to be a long thirty minute drive away.