Hey There

After what seems like forever, we arrive. Everyone hops out of the car and goes to mingle. I see Rafe and my brother heading off towards the kegs, and girls that surround them; typical. Sarah starts off towards some girls she has hung out with here on her vacations in the past. But here I am, alone. A spot beside the crackling bonfire seems nice and quiet.

The breeze hits my face as the fire warms me. I'm all alone, and in peace even though there are people all behind me, but no one else occupies this bonfire. I find myself trailing deep into my thoughts when I see a boy in the corner of my eye.

He has soft brown eyes, and jet black hair. He looks nice enough, and seems vaguely interested in me. "You going to keep staring or-?" I break the silence. "Sorry, Jacob. That's my name, Jacob," he smiles through the awkward tension. Aw. Guys never really pay attention to me like this. It's usually cat calls, or remarks. Not sweet glances and awkward stutters.

He looks up again. "So Jacob, what are you doing in the Bahamas?" I question. Jacob rubs the back of his neck before starting back with eye contact "Rich parents, not enough things to spend money on, a trip to the Bahamas a couple times a year seems reasonable to them," he seems almost embarrassed. "What? You don't like the money?" I raise an eyebrow at him. He shakes his head and laughs "Don't get me wrong the money is cool, but sporadic, expensive trips aren't my favorite things. It sets off my school work" Wow. A smart one.

He comes and sits down beside me. Our legs inches from the other. I can smell the faint scent of alcohol on his lips. Not enough to make him drunk, but a little liquid courage maybe. His hands find themselves on my mid thigh as I lean in. Woah. It's getting hot out here. I've kissed guys, and made out at parties but me and Kelce just broke up. I feel like a slut. But I shouldn't. I'm in the Bahamas, at a party, with a hot guy. Why wouldn't I kiss him? His lips hit mine as I feel his hands on the small of my back. Pulling me closer as I push my lips into his, my hands going into his hair. Who am I? I like it. The tension is rising, and I feel my hands rubbing under his shirt. There are people here, but it's not super weird to make out at a party right? His hands start traveling until they are just under my shirt. Fingertips just below the lace of my bra.

When things finally start to melt, Jacobs lips rip from mine. I look up, awakened from my minute of passion. "Are you fucking serious?" I yell at Rafe. His hands wrapped around Jacobs shirt collar. "You're such a dick, I was in the middle of something! Hello? Okay, what the actual fuck is your problem?" I shout at him. Trying to break this barrier between him and his anger. He looks like he is about to rip this guys head off. For no reason? Come on. Before I know it Rafe has the guy pinned on the ground. His knuckles slashing into Jacobs jaw, and cheek over and over again. Jacob starts to fight back, getting them both on their sides before I jump in. It's a struggle to pull them apart, but I'm furious. "Car. Now." I demand, glaring at Rafe. "Asshole" I mutter under my breath, earning me a side eye from golden boy.