Like A Sister

"Damn it," I start rubbing my sweatshirt with a napkin, no luck. "You're just rubbing it in more," Rafe says, quickly regretting speaking up. I shoot him a glare until he looks away. Man, I loved this sweatshirt. "Don't worry I'll buy you a new one," he nervously tells me, still looking down.

"Ah it's fine," I shrug off the offer. He looks up and I yawn. Yuck, my thick, sweatshirt is starting to cling to my stomach and make my skin wet. How I hate that feeling.

I raise my arms and slip my shirt off over my head, leaving myself standing in front of Rafe wearing nothing but spandex, and a bra.

His eyes scan my body, it almost seems like he enjoys it, until he looks at the ground. "You need to get some clothes," he stammers. Continuing to look away.

"Well damn, since when does Rafe Cameron turn down a half naked girl? Unless I am really just that awful," I realize. Suddenly turning my back to him. Like I know I have decently big boobs, and I would like to think I'm not built terribly. Maybe I'm bloated or he just doesn't like how I look.

With insecurities rushing through my head he turns me around, standing inches away. His hand resting on my shoulder. "I turn down naked girls when they are high, and now probably drunk. And no, you're not bad. Trust me," he runs his eyes up and down by body before meeting my eyes once again. He chuckles, "trust me, you're really not bad at all." He smiles. He's being so nice. Like, really nice. For a fleeting moment I consider kissing him, or something.

"And you're like a sister to me, Brit," he laughs again. "Hah, right... bro," I awkwardly punch his arm and turn to go back to the room.

                                            ***

The next morning, I rustle my eyes as the lights turn on. My head turns to Sarahs bed. She's gone at 10 am already? Well I guess she has always been a morning person. My eyes shift back to the light switch. A familiar hand is resting on the switch.

"Morning," Rafe coughs. I sit up immediately. "Thank god I thought you were my mom," I groan and rub the sleep out of my eyes. I blind a few times before realizing how he's leaning into the door, hands in pockets, watching me come to awake.

"I feel like shit Rafe," I frown immensely and he walks over to my bed and hands me a big bottle of water, and says. "Drink up, and get dressed," I take a chug of water, suddenly realizing how thirsty I was while he quietly exits the room.

Still groggy, and trying my hardest to get over my throbbing headache, my feet take me to my closet. Half filled with vacation clothes, the other side, empty. With my eyes practically shut, my fingers find a nice pink cropped, tank top, and sweatpants. Today is definitely a cozy day, I think as I slide on my Birkenstock's for the millionth time. Starting to wake up (and my headache becoming worse) I take myself to the bathroom so I can splash some water on my face and brush my teeth.

The cold water hits my like a shock, but does just the trick. What better time to wash my face? I grab my cleanser and rinse, before drying and applying some moisturizer. With feeling this awful? Today is definitely a little makeup day.

Black mascara coats my eyelashes and I blink the length onto them. Suddenly I have these long, dark and curly eyelashes. And then I spot some concealer under my eyes, hopefully trying to cover the dark spots. Not much help though.

A knock hits the bathroom door, which is only halfway open, when Rafe walks in; keys in hand. He gives me a warm smile. Making me smile in return. Ahhh, what a good guy. Almost like a brother. I suddenly remember the phrasing. Whatever. Not like I like Rafe freaking Cameron.

Always have, always will, be only friends

"Let's go sleepyhead," he motions over to the back door and jingles his keys. I throw my hair up in a messy bun, my fingers brushing out the small tangles as I go, before falling quickly behind Rafe.