Dangerous Territory

The Sunday morning sunshine came with thoughts of the night before. Thoughts that you weren't exactly comfortable with.

You had revealed the truth to Johnny.

He took it insanely well, but you hadn't. Admitting out loud that you have fallen for him wasn't exactly the easiest confession to make.

But it was true. All of the constant bickering, the game playing, the sweet moments, it all led back to one horrifying truth that you couldn't run from any longer. You weren't exactly the best when it came to expressing your inner emotions, but you had managed at the time being.

And when your mind drifted to Johnny's kiss, it became hard to resist the overwhelming temptation of a smile.

It made you sick to your stomach. In the best way possible, of course. You had unknowingly been craving Johnny's attention this whole time, and that's why it became so fun to play his game. Of course you refused to admit this to yourself until things escalated.

When you were awake enough to function, you climbed out of bed, your eye immediately going to the red leather jacket draped behind the chair at your vanity. You trudged over to it, picking it up and examining it thoroughly. A small smile made itself at home on your lips as you held it in your hands.

Johnny told you to keep his jacket until the next time you saw him. It made you feel special, but it also put lots of pressure on you. It was a personal belonging of his, and it didn't feel right keeping it for so long. Although you had both admitted your feelings to each other the night before, you felt nervous about such a thing. Just holding it in your hands made you feel as though you were rushing into this relationship.

When just the other day, you were set on making his life miserable.

You placed the jacket back down on your chair and began to get ready for the day. When you finished, you immediately grabbed the jacket and headed for your bedroom door.

You marched down the hallway, hoping your mother wouldn't see you. Unfortunately, she felt the breeze as you glided past, and she showed herself from her place in the living room. You had just reached the main door when she came into the kitchen behind you.

"Where do you think you're going all dressed up like that?"

You looked down, examining one of your cutest outfits molded onto your body. Why did you put that on?

Slowly, you pivoted on your heel. "I just gotta run somewhere real quick."

"Would that somewhere have to deal with a someone?" She pointed to the jacket.

"Mom," you sighed, "it was chilly last night. Johnny leant me his jacket... and now I'm giving it back."

"And that's all?"

Her prying inquiries made your eyes roll. "Ma, please don't make this a big deal."

She huffed with a sigh. "Hon... I'm just worried that's all. I know Johnny is a sweet boy but ever since I found out he was the one causing all of this trouble, I've been a little hesitant."

"And you have every right to be."

Your mother pressed her lips into a thin line, her eyes sad. "But I also know that boy needs a home. And maybe that home is you. I don't know... I'm just worried about him too, ya know? I mean he hasn't been coming around here and crashing in awhile... do you think his home life is getting better?"

"I don't know." You frowned.

But there was one way to find out.
•••
You stormed out of the car, heart pounding. Clinging to Johnny's jacket, you climbed the driveway.

Serendipity & the Serpentजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें