Chapter 17- Consequences

hello my lovelies,

I hope you had a great day today and if not, I promise you there will be better times.

Have fun reading and always remember that you are amazing and enough.

I love you, bye.

PLEASE:
VOTE/COMMENT/SHARE

Adriano Calvetti

I push myself away from the wall as Amara walks to the entrance. I follow her and she opens the black door.

We walk in and immediately are greeted by my men. I give those two guards a nod to signalize that I don't want them here right now. They walk out and close the door behind us.
In a matter of seconds Amara rushes to the two women sitting around the huge glass table in the living room.

"I swear to God, if any of your men hurt them, I am gonna kill them all.", Amara hisses at me with a glare on her face.

"Calm down. They haven't touched them." I reply, rolling my eyes.

Always so dramatic.

The woman looks at her friends in concern, reassuring that they are really fine.

And of course they are.

Behind them is standing Mateo, one of my best guards. He is honest, faithful and reliable. Everything a man who wants to work for me needs to be.

I don't really have friends.

I only have enemies and brothers.

Even though I only know him for an incredible short time he is the latter.

I met him two years ago after Amara's sixteenths birthday, one of the worst nights of my life.

In the middle of the night, I stumbled across an empty, dirty street, with one hand pressed against the bleeding wound on my stomach.

My sight was already blurry and the whole world was spinning in my eyes because of the immense blood loss I had endured.

I leaned against a wall, trying to find the last energy in my body to get to the hotel as suddenly three men came out of the dark.

I definitely have never seen them before because I would've remembered them.
I remember every face regardless of the importance it has to me.

Often the human beings that at first seem significant turn out to be the ones who became the most important and that's the reason why I will forever imprint every face I will ever see in my mind.

Despite the fact that I had no idea who was in front of me, they knew me and they wanted only one thing.

Revenge.

For a crime I didn't commit.

I didn't know who they were, and I wasn't interested in knowing it. They only said that they wanted my head.

My head for murdering a child.

I had never hurt a child in my entire life, so as soon as these words left the mouth of one of those men, I knew that it couldn't have been true.

Standing there in this dirty street, my hands covered in blood I realised that I would die soon, for a crime I didn't commit.

And I was completely at peace.

I would even say I was happy.

After that night I knew that there was not a single thing to live for anymore.