Chapter 20- Friends

hello my lovelies,

I hope you had a great day today and if not, I promise you there will be better times.

Have fun reading and always remember that you are amazing and enough.

I love you, bye.

I am still in the hospital. Sorry that I couldn't upload more.

Follow me on Instagram: _lilithcarter_

Amara Thorne

The ice-cold water runs down my body and causes goose bumps to appear on my skin. I tilt my head back and brush my hands over my hair to get the rest of the shampoo out of my strands. With my eyes still closed I try to turn the water off. I grab the black towel that is hanging over the glass door of the shower and wrap it around my body. I step out and walk towards the sink to look into the mirror. I sigh and investigate my reflection.

I look like I haven't slept in days. Dark circles can be seen under my eyes, and I can't recommend anyone to look at my skin more closely. It's definitely not a beautiful sight today.

Well, that happens when you forget to take your make up off because you were so drunk.

But I accept my blemished skin and the terrible throbbing in my head for the few hours in which I could forget. The only problem was that I had to get back to reality and when I was told an hour ago to have breakfast with Adriano, I just wanted to scream into my pillow until my throat was sore.

I now also wrap my hair into a towel and then walk back into my room. I take fresh underwear, grey sweatpants and a black T shirt out of my closet and get dressed. I start to blow-dry my hair and when I am finished, I put sneakers on and leave my room.

The pill I had swallowed made my headaches a little bit better, but it still feels like someone is drilling into my brain.

I make my way down to the dining room and as a guard opens the door for me I see Adriano already sitting there. He looks up as I walk closer towards the glass table, where our breakfast is already ready.

Obviously, I wasn't the only person who drank till they passed out last night. I've never seen Adriano's hair not perfectly styled since I've known him. The black strands hang in his forehead and the dark circles under his eyes make him look much older than he is.

He looks exhausted.

I sit down across from him. We both don't utter a word but start to eat in silence.

Well, he starts.

I just poke around my food. If I eat something now, I'll throw up immediately. I'd rather put up with a growling stomach than spend the day over the toilet.

"Don't you want to eat something?" Adriano asks.

My head snaps up to look into his eyes.

"If I would want to eat something, I would." I answer with a fake smile before I return my gaze back to my plate.

"Amara?"

"What?!" I reply, annoyed.

Why can't he just shut up and let me suffer in silence?

"After what happened yesterday, I have thought about you." He says, studying my face.

"And? Was I in your imagination naked or dead?" I ask.

I take the glass of orange juice and lift it to my lips.

"Neither of those two. Not this time." 

"I don't mean this kind of thoughts. I realized something." He continues , looking nervous.