Chapter 9 - His Revelation

Jasper's POV

I parked up outside Scarlett's apartment; God, I hadn't been here since she bought the place.

"Would you like to come in and wait, Mr Queen?" She asked, getting out of the car.

"Of course," I smiled stepping out and following her inside.

"Would you like a drink?" She asked as she poured a glass of wine and handed it over. "I'll be down in a bit."

"Take your time Scarlett, don't rush."

I could hear her staggering up the stairs in haste – she never was one to listen, I smiled to myself.

She was always fantastic with interior decorating, I thought as I looked around. Thinking about it, I'd noticed she had a lot of lights around the house and they were always on. I wondered why she had so many lights.

I wonder if she has them in her bedroom.

I wonder what her bedroom is like.

I wonder what sort of sleepwear she sleeps in.

I wonder if she sleeps naked.

Rolling my eyes, I decided I had best not wonder about my secretary's bedtime habits, as I sat myself down again before she came downstairs.

"I'm ready," I heard her soft voice as she walked into the living room.

I couldn't keep my eyes from staring at every inch of her perfect body, the way the dress clung to her body, defining her curves. The neckline was low enough to give a hint of her full breasts but she still looked elegant and classy. I noticed she had clasped around her neck the necklace I had bought as she twirled it around with her delicate fingers. I cleared my throat as I noticed her looking a little uncomfortable

"You look lovely, Scarlett," I smiled at her as we left for the restaurant.

Lovely was the understatement of the year - she looked beyond beautiful.

"Thank you," she replied shyly as we left to make our way to the restaurant.

***

"Table for two under Queen?" I smiled at the restaurant receptionist.

"Of course, Jessica will have you seated," she replied, a little breathlessly as I smirked to myself.

"What a way to feed a handsome man's ego," Scarlett grinned rolling her eyes.

"You think I'm handsome?" I asked, quirking an eyebrow.

"Well, you're not exactly unattractive," she smirked before a waitress appeared in front of us.

"Mr Queen, if you would like to come this way with your..."

"Secretary. Miss Valentina."

"Right." She smiled thinly while she glared at Scarlett who smiled back sweetly as I tried not to laugh.

"Would you mind having us seated now?" I asked expectantly.

"Yes, of course right this way," she led us to the private table, swaying her non-existent backside in a pathetic attempt to get my attention.

"You can leave now." I stated in a deadpan voice as we sat down. "Let's order."

"You are so rude, Mr Queen," she smiled knowingly.

"She shouldn't be so desperate, then, should she?"

"Forget about that, what I would like to know is why you are convinced that Vincent is what you claim he is?"