Chapter 16 - It's A Date

"I picked out your Armani suit and I wasn't sure whether you wanted to wear a bow tie or a normal tie, so I bought both," I informed Jasper once I'd gotten over the phone call with Melissa and made my way back to work.

"Tie."

"Tie it is."

Checking my watch, I had noticed there were two hours until the benefit started, I would have to get Jennifer to sort me out pretty soon if I wanted to look slightly good alongside Jasper's handsome self.

"Unless there is anything else you would like me to do, would you mind if I went to get myself ready?" I asked politely.

"Yes, that's fine, everyone will be leaving in about an hours' time anyway."

"Thank you." I smiled up at him. "What did you wish to discuss with me before I left?"

"We can talk about that later, you go and get ready."

"Okay."

I dashed out of his office, into the elevator and down to Jennifer's office.

"Scarlett?"

"Jenny, I was wondering whether you could do my hair for me before I leave to accompany Jasper to the benefit?"

"Ah," she smiled knowingly. "Get into your dress and I'll sort the rest out."

"Thanks, so much Jen, you're a life saver."

"I know!"

Rolling my eyes, I locked myself into a nearby cubicle and changed into my gown before making my way back into Jen's office.

"You look lovely already, Scarlett!" She beamed.

"Thanks," I laughed at her enthusiasm.

"Right, let's do this."

After an hour of straightening, curling and teasing my hair was finally done. Thanking Jennifer, I dashed back up to my office and re-applied my neutral makeup, only adding some eyeliner and a slick of baby pink lipstick.

Slipping into my heels I properly checked myself out and dare I say, I didn't look bad at all.

My hair was down in a fancy do with my bangs clipped elegantly to the side, with a few loose curls tumbling down my back. The dress looked pretty good too considering I hadn't worn it yet, it was actually a gift from Jasper after his arrival from Italy a few months ago.

"Ready to go?" He asked, coming in.

"Yes," I replied.

"You look beautiful, Scarlett," he said before he smirked. "Now - turn around."

"Jasper!" I hissed, narrowing my eyes at him as he laughed.

"The last of them are leaving, we'll leave in short while too. In the meantime, I have some things I would like to discuss with you."

My heart thumped loudly as I wondered what the hell I did.

"Are you seeing Vincent again?"

"What?" I asked, raising an eyebrow.

"I asked-"

"I know what you asked Jasper, what I would like to know is why you'd think such a thing?" I snapped glaring at him.

"I saw him arrive at your home yesterday, do you seriously think you can lie to me?" He snapped back, becoming equally as furious as myself.

How he could go from being fun and flirty to angry and furious so quickly remained a mystery to me.