Chapter 25 - Teamwork

Jasper's POV

It had been around three days since Scarlett had officially moved in with me and, of course, I was thrilled at the fact that my girlfriend was finally living with me, but I just couldn't shake off that God awful feeling that there was something else going on with her.

She was a woman of steel and I knew it would take more than demanding answers from her to get her to spill.

But on the flip side, what if her wanting a change really was true?

Maybe I was just over thinking it.

Yes, I was just over thinking it, I thought vehemently as I ran my fingers through my hair for the millionth time today.

"Jasp?" Her sexy voice called out to me from outside my office door.

"Hey, baby, come in," I replied as she opened the door before closing it softly behind her.

"So, Colton Spector just sent his aide over to close the deal between JXQ and Spector Technology and later this evening, you have a very important meeting with Cassandra Bass who is interested in selling her company to you," she read from the list of papers, her glasses perched sexily at the tip of her nose as she looked up at me expectantly. "As for now, you have seven meetings scheduled starting in an hour in the conference room and in ten minutes, a meeting with Jeremy Evans."

"We are on the ball today, aren't we, Miss Valentina?" I teased as she scoffed.

"Please. When am I not on the ball?"

"True. You're always on my ball," I winked as her cheeks turned red.

"I still have yet to make an honest man out of you," she sighed, shaking her head. "Oh, and before I forget, I'm heading out of town to go and check up on Melissa tonight, but I'll be back tomorrow morning."

"I thought you said that was next week?" I asked, frowning.

"It was supposed to be, but I thought I'd get it over and done with this weekend," she replied, her voice cracking slightly.

"In that case, do you want Smith to take you?"

"No!" She said quickly as I raised an eyebrow. "I mean, no, thank you. I can take myself."

"Are you sure everything's okay?" I questioned as I stood up, moving towards her.

"Yes, everything's fine," she murmured as I kissed her forehead.

"I hope for your sake that's true otherwise a simple spänk is going to be the least of your worries," I whispered in her ear as she shivered.

"See you in a bit, Jasper," she said quietly as she walked out of my office.

We had had our first major argument as a couple over her returning to work as my secretary which thankfully ended on a good note.

"I want to continue working, Jasper!" She yelled as I glared at her.

"I can give you anything you want, why do you need to come back?" I yelled back as she sighed in frustration.

"Well, I want to keep my job as your secretary, why can't you accept it?"

"Because, I don't want you working for me. You are my girlfriend and that's all I want you to be," I told her wrapping my arm around her waist, pulling her onto the bed.

"We can still continue to have our relationship, Jasper. Our work doesn't define us," she said softly as I sighed, kissing the top of her head.