Chapter 18 - Take Two

The next morning, I awoke to the sound of soft snoring. Jasper had his arms wrapped around me tightly, my face buried into his chest.

I looked up at him, his features so relaxed and content; I smiled before tearing myself away from his embrace.

Glancing at the clock, I noticed that it was seven – thank God it was Saturday.

Silently, I stepped into the shower and came back into my room with a towel draped around my body, cursing at the fact that I hadn't bought my clothes with me.

"Good morning, Scarlett," Jasper's sexy, half-asleep voice called out as I watched him sit up, folding his arms across his chest.

"Good morning. Did you sleep well?" I asked, my cheeks heating up.

"Very well, thank you," he smirked.

"That's great. The shower is available if you need to use it," I hinted at him to leave so I could change.

"No, I think I'll rest for a while, if that's okay with you, Miss Valentina," he smiled lazily, placing his hands behind his head, watching me expectantly.

"I don't mind at all, Mr Queen, but would you mind relocating bedrooms so I can find my clothes?" I said through gritted teeth.

"No, I really like it in here. The view is fantastic."

He wanted a reaction but he wasn't going to get one.

"Fine."

I made sure that the towel was wrapped securely before pulling out a pink bra with matching underwear from my drawer.

"Cute, conservative," Jasper smirked looking at me with approval.

"Shut up," I muttered, opening my wardrobe and picking out a pair of skinny jeans and a black dressy to; I would change into more formal attire before going to Jaspers parents' home in the evening.

Glaring at Jasper, I left and got changed quickly, I tied my hair into a fishtail plait and applied some light make up before ringing Smith to bring by Jasper's things.

"I've called Smith to bring you some clothes but obviously you can leave with him if you would prefer," I informed him as I walked back into my room. "In the meantime, I will be preparing breakfast."

"Always so efficient aren't we, Miss Valentina?"

"I have a job I would like to keep, Mr Queen," I said, giving him a pointed look before I walked out.

Fifteen minutes later, Jasper came down the stairs dressed in a nicely fitted grey T-Shirt and dark jeans.

Lord, was this man the epitome of sexy.

"See something you like?" He enquired, his blue green eyes twinkling in amusement as my face flushed red.

"Not really." I replied, turning back to the eggs I was frying.

"You look beautiful," he whispered in my ear as I jumped.

"Don't creep up on me like that!"

"Did I scare you?" He teased, grinning.

"Go and sit down, breakfast will be done in a few minutes," I ordered as he took a seat at the dining table, whipping out his iPhone from his pocket. I couldn't help but look at the way his long legs stretched from underneath the table, his muscular biceps on show as he rested his elbows on the table.

"Mm, this is so good," he said as he dug into his breakfast.

"I know it is," I smirked.

"How humble," he remarked as I poured him a cup of coffee. "What are your plans for today?"