Four

Darius's POV

"This is my room. You can rest here while I have a talk with the King." I said to Cassandra, opening the door to my room.

"Don't come out of this room." I said and pushed her in. She rolled her eyes before walking to the window, looking out. I huffed and shut the window close.

"What the!" She gasped.

"Cass, I don't want you to be seen, yet, yeah? Bringing you here without asking the King is a mistake itself."

"You make it sound like it's all my fault! You kidnapped me, okay!? I didn't wish to come here!" I sighed.

I didn't want us to be like this. I'm tired of arguments.

I know it was wrong of me to drug her. But she's Cassandra, okay? Here one thing goes wrong and the next day she'll be missing. I don't want her to know the way.

__

"My King." I said in honor and bowed.

"Alpha Darius. What brings you here?" He said, actually surprised.

"I have something to say." I cleared my throat. "I saved a girl from Vampire King's dungeons a day ago and I brought her here. She's a werewolf too and I assure you that I'll take her responsibility and make sure no trouble is caused by her."

I just hope he agrees now.

"Name?"

"Cassandra." I answered.

"The one that escaped the fire?" He raised his eyebrow. I nodded.

"She's... Josephine's daughter." I hesitantly added.

"Josephine Michaelson?" He asked, guilt and regret evident on his face.

"Yes, my King."

"She's your responsibility now. Invite her at the dinner tonight." He said. I was amused.

"You sure, my King?"

"Yes, Darius. Leave now." I nodded and bowed again before turning my back and left. On my way back to my room, I met the other Alphas, some smiled, some glared and some just ignored.

As soon as I was about to enter my room, one the omegas stopped near with her head low.

"Alpha Darius, Ms Victoria wants you in her chambers." I nodded and she left.

Victoria is the she-Beta of my friend, Alpha Connor's pack. She smart, intelligent and can fight real good. She isn't any bad but happens to have an annoying obsession with me. I won't lie, she's pretty with her blonde hair and blue eyes but she doesn't understand the meaning of 'no'.

I sighed and knocked on the door of her room.

"Come in." She said from the inside and I opened the door.

"You called, Tori?" I asked. She nodded as her face grew a broad smile after seeing me.

"Yes. There's a mating ceremony this Saturday and I thought you'd like to join me." She said, handing me the invitation card. I shook my head and returned it back to her.

"Sorry, I'll pass. I prefer waiting for my mate even if it means waiting my entire life. You can take Oliver or Liam with you though." I said and was about to leave but she caught my wrist, stopping me.

I sighed and looked out of the window. She was saying something but my attention was somewhere else. I narrowed my eyes on the person to get a clear vision and my eyes widened when I saw the scene.

Cassandra was holding Oliver by throat while guards were surrounding her, ready to attack or even possibly kill her.

I wasted no time and and jumped out of that window, sprinting straight towards them.

I grabbed her hands, locking them behind her.

"Stop!" I told to the guards. "Everyone, back to your positions." I said and they nodded, leaving slowly. Once they left, I turned Cassandra to me, grabbed his arms, tightly.

"What are you doing!? Are you crazy!?" All she did was roll her eyes and push me off. Oliver, who was still standing there, watching the entire scene gasped at her act of disrespect in fear.

She turned to him again, glaring daggers. "You! Tell me the way out of this damn place or I'll seriously cut you in half!"

"Rogue! Why are you persistent with killing my pack's people?" Connor groaned, pulling Oliver behind him. "First the Omega and now Oliver, what do you want?"

"Connor." I sighed.

"Darius, let's put her in the prison. That will give her a good lesson on how to behave around Alphas." He glared at her. She did the same, dangerously standing near to him.

"Do it, I dare you." She challenged.

"Cassandra!" I warned her. Connor looked at me with surprise.

"You know her?" He asked. Soon, Victoria came towards us too.

"What's going on?" She asked me before looking at Cassandra. "Who is she? She smells like a rogue."

"Everyone, quiet down for a second." I groaned. "Oliver, go to the healer and get yourself checked. Connor, I'll talk to you later. And you," I looked at Cassandra, "you and I are going to have a serious talk!"

"Whatever." She rolled her eyes, walking away from me.

Everyone looked at her with eyes widened. I sighed and followed her to the room again.

________________________

"Look Cass," I sighed as I closed the door. "You can't go around threatening and scaring people, okay? We live in a castle under King's protection and there are some rules that you need to follow." She glared at me.

Ever since we arrived here, glaring at me is all she has been doing.

"I don't want to follow rules. I don't want to live here." She said.

"Cass..."

"Look Darius, let me leave, yeah? I'll be out of your life, both of us will be happy. A win-win situation for us." She faked a smile. I sighed and shook my head.

"I can't." I looked into her deep blue eyes. I can't lose her again.

She averted her gaze with a gulp.

An Omega knocked on the door, bringing the dress I told him to. I handed it too her.

"The King has invited you to the dinner. Wear this. Please." I added. She took it and didn't say anything. I sighed and left her alone to change.

I stopped one of the female omegas and told her to make sure to help Cassandra if she needs any.

I changed into a suit as well and got ready.

I just hope Cassandra doesn't recognise the King and the dinner passes by peacefully.